ouija board

by The-Borg 170 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, this is what I think...

Maybe the ouija board has supernatural powers, maybe it doesn't. Maybe the spirits only come out for people who believe or are not trying to prove something. Maybe they only come around sometimes... Who knows?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's like....still the 16th Century on this thread.....I'm gonna go drown me some Witches for poisoning my Well!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping more people would post their experiences.

I've never had a personal experience of the supernatural but I remain open minded.

I've found it's best not to be too dogmatic on things of this nature. It never ceases to amaze me that some ex witnesses of all people seem to have retained their dogmatic and black/white thinking.

oh well

the borg.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I put a curse on you "The Borg"......may your spirit wonder this earth for all eternity! Whhhoooo..................sorry just kidding. If you were a lonley ghost I promise I would Ouija you my friend.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I've never had a personal experience of the supernatural but I remain open minded.

Please watch the video rebel8 posted on the second page. Requiring evidence for extraordinary claims before believing in them does not make one closed minded. "Closed mindedness" is thrown around all too often as an insult. The truth is we are all biased at some level.

Is Warlock "open minded" simply because he is willing to believe in ouija boards? Or is he "closed minded" for not even considering the possibility that his hand was moving the planchette. The same hand that must be placed on the device to get it to move at all?

It's all relative, I suppose.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, I tried it out not long after I left the org, many years ago. I still believed in spirits then and thus gave it power. Belief and the subconcious are powerful things indeed.

When Randi gives out his million, perhaps then I'll believe. The truth is out there.....;)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

IF THE DAMN THING MOVED BY IT-SELF.....HELL YES! Why does it need people power....are the ghosts that weak! Bullcrap.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    It's up to those making the claim to present the facts and convince others.

sherlock,

You have it backwards.

YOU are the skeptic, so YOU need to prove, or disprove MY experience AND every other claim that ANYONE has ever made about the ouija.

You have to re-create their experiences, every single one, AND, under the EXACT same circumstances under which these experiences occured.

Otherwise, your stool has no legs, PERIOD.

Warlock

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Warlock, you are mistaken. Do some research on the "burden of proof."

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this." Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, either positive or negative, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the responsibility of the person who is making the bold claim to prove it. In short, X is not proven simply because "not X" cannot be proven.

In other words, drwtsn32 has no stool at all. He is merely examining the stool you have placed in front of him.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock, you are mistaken. Do some research on the "burden of proof."

Just because YOU say so?

I am not mistaken, YOU are.

Why don't YOU and those who believe like you go and interview actual people who have had experiences with the oujia.

YOU do some research and read some first hand accounts.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit