ouija board

by The-Borg 170 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling
    It wasn't nearly as bright, but still a cherry red. ... It was probably a meteorite, which is fairly unusual to actually see.

I just want to point out that meteorites are not hot when they land.
    The glow while falling because stuff is being broken off them and
    burning up in the atmosphere, but they actual rock that survives is
    barely warm. They have been found just sitting on top of a frozen lake.

Also, to hear a hissing sound would require it to be VERY close.
    Like, so close that you shouldn't have to hike to find it.

It sounds to me more like a firework/flare type thing. Is that possible?

[inkling]

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

If I put my hand on Shamus' "planchette" will it move on its own?

• undercover
    undercover
    Directions (with addendums)

1st - Place the board upon the knees of two persons, lady and gentleman preferred. Place heart shaped table in center of board, resting fingers lightly upon the table so as to allow it to move freely and easily. A question may be asked, and in from one to five minutes the table will commence to move, at first slowly, and then faster. As the table passes over the board, a transparent window and pointer in the top indicates each letter of a message as it is received.

Demons can only channel your mind through your fingertips and knees. Demons are also hetero...two guys sharing the board will only ick them out and cause them to not communicate. Two girls is okay though...

2nd - Care should be taken that only one person ask questions at a time so as to avoid confusion.

Demons are simple creatures actually and are easily confused. They don't like it when everyone is talking at the same time.

3rd - To obtain the best results it is important that the person present should concentrate upon the matter in question and avoid other topics. Have no one at the table who will not sit seriously and respectfully. If you use it in a frivolous spirit, asking ridiculous questions, laughing over it, you naturally get undeveloped influences around you.

Again, demons are easily confused. Keep your questions on one subject. Asking if Debbie will get married before Joanie and then asking who will win the Super Bowl screws up the transmission. Also Demons are serious creatures. They only want to demonize serious minded folks. Silly people need not apply.

4th - The Ouija is a great mystery, and none claim to give exact directions for it's management and use, and the Ouija will not work equally well under all circumstances. With reasonable patience and judgement the Ouija will satisfy your greatest expectations.

We don't know how it works, but just trust us it will...sometimes, maybe. If you sit around and wait long enough, you'll swear it moved and all claims will be founded.

5th - The board should be kept smooth and free from dust and moisture, as all depends on the ease with which the feet of the table can glide over the surface of the board. Rubbing with a soft dry cloth just before using is advised.

Demons are clean creatures. They hate dirt and dust. Keep your channel to the spirit world clean and the demons will thank you.

• shamus100
    shamus100

drwtsm,

Why I never...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Fun about Ouija boards.....I once played Monopoly for 18 hours straight...left home and robbed 2 banks and a Real estate agent...played Trivial Pursuit for 10 hours....went to the Mall, and beat the crap out of three "dumb" punks with a bat. Played Hungry Hippos...ended up eating 450 Menthos Mints????

• TD
    TD

I just want to point out that meteorites are not hot when they land.
    The glow while falling because stuff is being broken off them and
    burning up in the atmosphere, but they actual rock that survives is
    barely warm. They have been found just sitting on top of a frozen lake.

Also, to hear a hissing sound would require it to be VERY close.
    Like, so close that you shouldn't have to hike to find it.

It sounds to me more like a firework/flare type thing. Is that possible?

We were one day into a three day hike through a designated "primitive area." It was pretty remote --we saw no one for those three days.

The object had a definite angle of descent, but it did not "fall." It streaked over our heads. --Not at tracer round speed, but still very fast

Rocky meteorites are never hot on impact. You're right. Some have actually been reported as being cold. I've read conflicting stories when it comes to the rarer iron/nickel variety.

But without tangible proof, anything is possible. I could easily be completely wrong. There's all sorts of ways a twenty year old recollection could be interpreted even with something that's not even supernatural. --And that's part of the point

• sarahbear76
    sarahbear76

This thread has gotten nuts, all Warlock was doing was sharing an experience, back off. He's allowed to state his opinion. Warlock, consider the sources, keep on posting I like to hear what you have to say.

All the best,

Sarah

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    This thread has gotten nuts, all Warlock was doing was sharing an experience, back off. He's allowed to state his opinion. Warlock, consider the sources, keep on posting I like to hear what you have to say.

I fail to understand why everyone is defending such a mean-spirited person. I have made every effort to make my comments reasonable and respectful, in attempt to draw attention to the known physical forces that can account for many of these experiences. I have made every effort up to this point not to focus on the messanger, but the message. I have never said warlock has a "little mind", accused him of being a 'cult follower', told him to 'shut up', accused him of having ulterior motives, or called him a 'little bitch'. He has done all those things, in what could have been a completely civilized and interesting debate.

If you go back and re-read the first 2 pages of this thread, nobody specifically attacked warlock's story. We described a natural force that can account for many of these phonomena, but warlock took the mention of these things as a personal attack. Please, go back and re-read.

Warlock has not made any effort to be reasonable, respectful, or polite. He has insulted several people, demonstrated blatant hypocracy, flung accusations instead of researched information, and threatened people.

I frankly find it very unfortunate that his behavior is not only tollerated, but excused and defended on this forum. There is absolutely no reason he could not have discussed his experiences in a civilized manner.

- Lime

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Warlock has not made any effort to be reasonable, respectful, or polite. He has insulted several people, demonstrated blatant hypocracy, flung accusations instead of researched information, and threatened people.

I frankly find it very unfortunate that his behavior is not only tollerated, but excused and defended on this forum. There is absolutely no reason he could not have discussed his experiences in a civilized manner.

Excellent, hintoflime. Warlock is a coward, as his postings show. When he's challeneged, he falls back on insults and threats. He's incapable of arguing in a civil manner because he doesn't have the intelligence to counter opposing viewpoints with logic, commiting some of the classic textbook logical fallacies.

I also find it astonishing that a person with extraordinary claims expects to have their ideas about the supernatural accepted as fact. An idea is not deserving of acceptance at face value unless produced with evidence, unless it can be repeated and tested. Until then, it has no place among the known facts of the universe, and thus has not earned any measure of legitimacy.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Agreed

OTOH, nobody likes to be put under a microscope for sharing their experience and that's what the original poster asked for.

It takes two to tango,... yadda yadda, exit stage left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit