"a bottle of milk with two inches of cream on top"

NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

M

• TMS
    TMS

"a bottle of milk with two inches of cream on top"

NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

M

Well, I was never comfortable with the cream even back in those days. I always waited until the bottle was half empty. A group of old single men who had been Russellites ran an unofficial dairy in the rurals near Kent. Only one of them attended the Kingdom Hall but many of the "friends' bought their milk. When I left home at 16 they let me park my old Spartan trailer on their property which I can only describe as a golf course without the holes, just beautiful.

The old men were really throwbacks with long beards and old ways. They boiled coffee on the stove and made flapjacks every morning. They saved Joe and I a stack with two fried duck eggs on top. If we left without breakfast they fed the stack to the dogs. So that was always their big joke in the morning: "Would you like some of the dogs hotcakes?"

tms

• Masterji
    Masterji

TMS,

"NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION"

My subtle effort at humor.

It was just a SIGN.

M

• TMS
    TMS

It was just a SIGN.

M

just what I was lookin' for

tms

• compound complex
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yesterday, I spent the day helping my daughter, who lives in Queen Anne, paint her living room and dining room. By the end of the day, the music from Fremont and the Solstice parade was really irritating. The good part was that the Fremont restaurants that are usually so busy you can't get into them were empty because of the festivities.

Her cousin from Utah is visiting. He and his girlfriend were invited by friends to see parade; both of them are scared for life. Yes, they are Mormons, and I think they were invited as a joke.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

BTW, it should be scarred, not "scared."

• compound complex
    compound complex

Justitia Themis:

Thanks for chiming in. Why were the Mormon friends scarred for life? I'll reread to find what, in your description of the din, I may've overlooked or underheard.

Actually, scared for life works for me; et tu, Brute'?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit