• watson
    watson

Uh, duh, yuk, yuk.

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

anyone ever heard of forks washington?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Coco..Yes, I`ll have to do that.....If I get where I`m going in the next little bit..I`ll be able to watch whales..I`ll be on the ocean,in the wilderness........Porposes followed the boat I was on,to get there..Now that I`ve found my new home..I have to get my belongings together for the move..It`s going to be incredible..................................OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

NINfan:

not personally, but ...

www.forkswashington.org

Great thoughts there, Watson!

Can't wait to hear more, OUTLAW!

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks
    BTW, "Ma and Pa Kettle," characters in The Egg and I, were real people. Their true name was Bishop. Pa was a bit off-center, but Ma was a sweetheart.

Pacific Northwest Coco? It fits.

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

its sooo pretty there...not to mention the place where my fav book takes place!!! ima loser.

• compound complex
  • beksbks
    beksbks

Oh NIN!! Not Twilight!!! Eclipse, Moon something...........Dawn................

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ma Kettles chest is a wonder.

S'cuse me, Ima do some bench presses...............

• compound complex
    compound complex

MacDonald was born as Anne Elizabeth Campbell Bard in Boulder, Colorado. Her official birthdate is given as March 26, 1908; however, public records indicate that she was actually born in 1907, presumably on March 26. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] Her family moved from Butte, Montana, to the north slope of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood in 1918, moving to the Laurelhurst neighborhood a year later and finally settling in the Roosevelt neighborhood in 1922, where she graduated from Roosevelt High School in 1924. MacDonald married Robert Heskett in July 1927 when she was 20 years old (though in "The Egg and I" she states she married at age 18) and he was 31, and the couple moved to a farm in the Olympic Peninsula's Chimacum Valley, near Chimacum a few miles south of Port Townsend.

She left her husband in 1931 and returned to Seattle. In 1942, she married Donald C. MacDonald (1910-1975) and moved to Vashon Island, where she wrote most of her books. The MacDonalds moved to California's Carmel Valley in 1956.

MacDonald rocketed to fame when her first book, The Egg and I, was published in 1945. It was a huge bestseller and was translated into 20 languages. Depicting her life on the Chimacum Valley chicken farm, it introduced the characters Ma and Pa Kettle, who were featured in the movie version of The Egg and I and were so popular a series of films were later made featuring them.

MacDonald wrote three more autobiographical books. Anybody Can Do Anything recounting her life in the Depression trying to find work,The Plague and I about her stay in a sanitarium for tuberculosis, and Onions in the Stew about her life on Vashon Island with her second husband and daughters during the Second World War years. She also wrote a series of children's books that are still popular today.

wikipedia.org Betty MacDoanald

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit