The Pacific Northwest

by compound complex 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Spectre
    Spectre

Great thread.

I'm of the Karok tribe from up that way.

I took a California Indian History class back in college. That was one of the things that started me really questioning the WTS. Afterwards I had to check out a lot more history to see what else was wrong.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Green Hornet and Spectre, for letting us know how and where you fit in up north. I had no idea there'd be so many replies!

CoCo

• compound complex
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Doesn't it rain all the time?

I'd heard that winters are cold dark and wet. Summers are also wet and grey but a bit warmer. Occasionally the cloud will break allowing you to see a quick flash of Mt Raniers flanks.

HB

• compound complex
    compound complex

HB:

I'm looking for specs on its visibility, but can only say off the top of my head that people gone to visit have often been disappointed because Mount Rainier did not show during their stay.

John Muir climbed Mount Rainier in 1888, and although he enjoyed the view, he conceded that it was best appreciated from below.

http://en.wikipedia.org Mount Rainier

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mount Rainier has a topographic prominence of 13,210 feet (4,030 m), greater than that of K2 (13,189 feet (4,020 m)). [ 4 ] On clear days it dominates the southeastern horizon in most of the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan area to such an extent that residents sometimes refer to it simply as "the Mountain." [ 11 ] On days of exceptional clarity, it can also be seen from as far away as Portland, Oregon, and Victoria, British Columbia.

(wiki)

• JeffT
    JeffT

I found my short story. It's 9000 words long. Does anybody know if the board will handle a post that big or do I need to break into a couple of pieces?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I'm interested in reading it. If it can't be posted here due to length, let us know how we can read it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Jeff:

Why not serialize it?

Segments, I find, are easier to peruse and digest.

Thanks.

CoCo

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

CoCo & Greenhornet, my email is mcrawford259 at msn dot com. Let me know when you are in the neighborhood:) I am off of exit 206 a few miles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit