Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Peeing in kingdom halls, publicity stunts, unsolicited anti-witness info emails to Jw friends, agressive name calling, messages left in kingdom halls calling them paedophiles, making spouses ultimatums of 'it's me or Jw's' encouraged. Encouraging deceit by encouraging apostates to infiltrate JW's and deceitfully stumble people.

All the things the Dubs do to non witnesses. BTW if we aren't supposed to PEE in the hall, why are there bathrooms?

Aggressive name call? Harlot? Babylon the great? worldly (new walking dead)

Pedos? Dubs railed the Catholics for that!

Unsolicited knocks at the door to convert?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    If your new 'Faith' aka ' destroy the witnesses' leads to all these actions or supporting them you can keep it, it's definitely not fruitage I wish to be part of.

Don't you realise that your participation here makes you a part of that "fruitage".

Do you really think everyone here condones peeing in Kingdom Halls? (not in the toilet).

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To TD (Post 1881.3b): Opposition is inevitable when there are varying opinions and viewpoints. That happened in the 1st century CE, both inside the Congregation and between the Congregation and other groups. Even Paul the Christian could fairly be said to be a public opposer on at least 3 occasions: I think of the incident with "fellow circuit overseer" Barnabas over whether John Mark was a fit publisher. And there was the occasion with the whole Corinthian congregation, when "disfellowshipping" became the ruling in 1 Corinthians 5. And, who could forget the time when Paul caught Peter hanging with the Judaizers.
    • For me, all 3 cases I mention here about Paul opposing those in the Congregation are about "varying degrees of bad association" within the Congregation (yet another reference, from 1 Cor. 15:33).
    • The case of the Catholic Pope seems to have its parallels. The unscriptural title of Pope itself (meaning Father) and its phoney claim to a spurious Petrine papacy in Rome are just the beginning of the heresy. The later lying assertions regarding Papal Infallibility, and the Papal role in the Inquisitions, the Crusades, and the Holocaust are just some of the later iterations. It was high time that the truth was finally broadcast about this spiritual Emperor with no clothes and the spiritual scandals, like Christmas and Hell and Purgatory and the Apocrypha, taught throughout his empire. Just as Jesus made the whips twice and routed the moneychangers from the Temple, so the modern era has demonstrated with the sound cars, etc. that true, passionate zeal has not been lost from the true Christian's repertoire. To everything there is a season. Turn, turn, turn.

To Mickey mouse (Post 1468): With true repentance comes Jehovah's forgiveness and blessing. So it is with those who once said false things, even prophecies, as long as they repent.

— Spike Tassel.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi mickey mouse

cult is a well used word but it's just name-calling to emotionally manipulate the listener. There are so many lies and exagerations on here demonising the witnesses. That when poeple from here even once-witnesses for some reason either talk to current witnesses or goto a meeting they find it very tame and boringly normal compared to what they have been emotionally manipulated into thinking will happen.

Reniaa

• Priest73
    Priest73
    cult is a well used word but it's just name-calling to emotionally manipulate the listener.

The same way the witnesses use Worldly and Apostate?

• Priest73
    Priest73

PWND

• Priest73
    Priest73

Why am I arguing with myself?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Peeing in kingdom halls, publicity stunts, unsolicited anti-witness info emails to Jw friends, agressive name calling, messages left in kingdom halls calling them paedophiles, making spouses ultimatums of 'it's me or Jw's' encouraged. Encouraging deceit by encouraging apostates to infiltrate JW's and deceitfully stumble people.

This is a little rich. JW converts are encouraged to do the same to their non JW spouse if they interfere with their "worship" (of the slave class, not God).

As for deceit, here's a question: You're on the ministry (you do go on the ministry, don't you Reniaa?) and someone asks if you're there to convert them.

"Oh no, we just want to share a thought with you from the bible."

"It'll just take an hour per week. It's free and there's no commitment."

Yeah right!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just thought it would be fun to reverse it:

Peeing in churchs (though jws believe they will go up in instant flames upon crossing the threshold of a church), publicity stunts (think DC articles in newspapers and kingdom hall builds), unsolicited anti-Christendom info emails to Jw friends, aggressive name calling (you apostate you!!), messages left in catholic churches calling them paedophiles (don't know if that ever happened but it's possible), making spouses ultimatums of 'it's the hall or shunning' (by family and so-called "friends") encouraged. Encouraging deceit by encouraging jws to actively conduct theocratic warfare and deceitfully lie to people at their doors and during home studies.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

What is a cult then Reniaa? Please give your definition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit