Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ok, I have skipped 14 pages and I am glad that we are still talking about Saul and Paul...

The reality is that they are both the same man, both fired with a zeal to do what is right and both serving God with a passion. Saul saw the Christians as upstart apostates , so he did all he could to eradicate them . Paul saw Christianity as the work of God , so he devoted himself to it. Paul was hated by Jewish zealots who saught to kill him for the same reason We do not know the nature of Saul. He is recorded as "breathing murder" (from memory) toward Christians but they did not know him as a man - he might have been different in normal life.

The point? zeal for what is right results in actions that are shaped by knowledge and perspective . Many J W's hate us because we differ and say so. They are themselves decent people, as we are too.

only God can judge who is right..

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we have had 14 pages of this, and these jw apologists still don't get it

• reniaa
    reniaa

Someone made the difference clear very early in the forum,

is it 'search and rescue' or 'search and destroy'.

the thought that end justifies the means is definitely one jesus never advocated.

Matthew 5:43-44 (New International Version)

43 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor [a] and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies [b] and pray for those who persecute you, Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

for me it is search and rescue...just so you know though I do not only search and rescue JWs....JWs are good people, generally, who are victims of mind-control.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

for me it is search and rescue...just so you know though I do not only search and rescue JWs....JWs are good people, generally, who are victims of mind-control.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

re isaacaustin (Posts 1611, 1612): According to the holy spirit of Ephesians 6:4, I understand that Paul the Apostle taught parents to guide their offspring in the "discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah". Was Paul the Apostle, then, a "victim of mind-control"? Or, was it not, rather, Saul the Pharisee? — Spike Tassel.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Was Paul the Apostle, then, a "victim of mind-control"? Or, was it not, rather, Saul the Pharisee?

Paul/Saul, in both guises, was a perpetrator, not a victim.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I skipped 14 pages.

Someone has prob made this point? Likely Saul/Paul was not as transparent as he appears to fundy Jw's. In reading the accounts, he seems to be an arrogant itinerant preacher, seeking his place in a new-founded form of 'New Judaism'. He appears to be more politician than theologian at times. He set about redefining the entire prophetic word of the scriptures, while making attribution to 'holy spirit' for such. While positive qualities [or negative] can be identified in any storyline or character within, Paul/Saul would not be an ideal to imitate if one looks below the surface for a moment at him.

Renia's entire point seems to be to evangelize former Jw's into shame for having chosen Saul over Paul. Of course, that is always her point, isn't it?Such absolute, black and white thinking, is part of those who can't let go of the JW fantasy. That's unfortunate.

Those who seek to ignore the blood dripping from the hands of those wearing clerical garb, are wont to become the next victim, eh? Those pretending to be energized with Holy Spirit for self glory [Paul] are of no greater worth in the world than those claiming energy from Pharasaical theology [Saul]. Both can be wrong. Can't they? And both are are metaphorical of the followers of WTS and other fanatical religions in general. Paul was Saul. His focus shifted, but his base character was flawed and dangerous from the beginning of his storyline, which is likely ficticious on many levels to begin with.

Jeff

• flipper
    flipper

I don't know if I'm Paul or Saul. Are you Reniaa or Renee ? You tell me who you are then I'll disclose who I am

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Props to AK Jeff. Saul or Paul? I never cared for either one of the dudes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit