What would it take for you to conclude that the WBTS is not God's channel?

by Mickey mouse 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We have other churches also getting heavily involved in politics many having candidates in congress or parliment.

Are you implying that anyone who believes in God has no business holding a political office? Or that anyone who is in government should not have the right to believe in God?

The JW "political neutrality" doctrine is flawed. The JWs claim that God wants all people to be saved. Yet, if all are to be saved there would be no government because everyone would be politically neutral. We'd quickly be back in the stone age.

Then there's the scripture that indicates the "superior authorities" are in fact "God's ministers". I don't have a bible handy, but I believe it's somewhere in Romans.

As a believer in God, would you rather have all legislation and other governmental affairs in the hands of only non-believers?

W

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I try to be empathetic towards people such as Reniaa because I used to be like her by defending the Org. tooth and nail, as many of us here also did. A lot of us used to be in her shoes. Eventually some people come around and start realizing that the "truth" really isn't. If Reniaa never leaves the org. all I can do is feel sorry for her, it doesn't mean I need to show animosity towards her. It's ultimately her decision whether she stays in the Org or not. Likewise, she should not condemn our decision to have left.

I think the saying "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar" holds true, and can mean the difference of someone leaving or else running back to the Org. I think that being nice and non-confrontational during a debate with another can influence them more readily to consider differing thoughts.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    "that they have changed the bible"
    Now THAT was one bold statement!
    So each and every Bible translation out there in the whole wide world is a changing of the Bible? Does that mean you stick to King James? Or to Vulgate?

I was thinking specifically of the example of adding the name Jehovah to the new testament.

My current project is to learn more about the Bible, I am just finishing Richard Elliott Friedman's "Who Wote the Bible" and have learned so much. It has made me realise that as a Jehovah's Witness I may have been very good at finding scriptures quickly and parroting off a few well known scriptures but that isn't knowing the Bible.

• besty
    besty

Q - what would it take for you to conclude that the WTBTS is not Gods organisation?

Reniaa says - look at what is wrong with everyone else, therefore this is my best bet

Ahhh - the burning house fallacy - "I don't care if MY house is on fire - I'm not leaving it until YOU find me somewhere better."

Why not answer in less than the 594 words used in your 1st response Reniaa - it will save you time and make it easier for us :-) Make a list - here's a start:

1 - I would leave the WTBTS if they <complete in 1 sentence here>

2 - I would leave the WTBTS if they <complete in 1 sentence here>

3 - I would leave the WTBTS if they <complete in 1 sentence here>

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I'm going with "proper medication", as the answer to this question.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe Ren is a chain yanker. A leg puller. She doesn't believe any of it. She just likes attention. People give her too much attention. If people didn't take her seriously and respond to her, she'd drop the subject. Has anyone met her or talked to her? Is she really even a her?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Perhaps Reniaa has yet to realize religion is a BS farce that does little good toward humanity and a lot bad.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It would push me over the edge if New Light comes out stating that after the passing of Ted Jaracz, he will assume the role of the angel Michael in Revelation.

Rub a Dub

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Homer, she's very aware of everything. She's like a mischievous child who stomps her foot in an antbed. She does it just to see all the little ants run.

• donny
    donny

One of the arguments that Reniaa and other JW's use is "Us versus Christendom" which in not a valid debate. By lumping all religions besides JW's into one bucket makes it easy to discount any other belief system. Mormons do the same thing as did the Worldwide Church of God, except they include JW's in the false religion bucket.

Don

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit