What would it take for you to conclude that the WBTS is not God's channel?

by Mickey mouse 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I wondered if you could answer this question for me? You seem to be fine with the fact that they are false prophets, that they have changed the bible and that they have entered into an agreement to "uphold the aims of the UN".

What is the deal breaker for you?

I suspect that there isn't one, and that is not a reasonable position.

Please tell me there is something they could do that would make you question their legitamacy?

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

I think Jesus would actually have to descend on a cloud and urinate on her collection of Watchtower comic books. Even then she might view it as a test though. Hmm. This is a tough one.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hmmm lets me see on the one hand we have

Catholics running countries and making leaders bow down to their own leader and they own 'Caesar'

erm vatican is classed as a country is that a UN member?

We have mormons lobbying political hallways putting their own members in political postions to again try and be caesar

We have other churches also getting heavily involved in politics many having candidates in congress or parliment. Or clerical leaders in house of lords.

then we have witnesses appealing to un to help there preaching work and people, so aid etc can be helped and absolutley no wish to take up politics and we have the example of Paul also appealing to Rome.

Next we have the accusation of false prophets or anti-christ

Mark 13:21-23 (New International Version)

21 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ [a] !' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

Revelation 19:20
    But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

the markers of the false prophets is miracles and signs and worshiping the image of the beast.

Is armageddon a false prophecy?

Is babylons destruction a false prophecy?

Is Jesus coming a false prophecy?

dating existing prophecy isn't false prophecy only unwise and counciled against.

I know many christians churches claiming gifts of the spirit and miracles as well as unique prophecies but Jw's believe this scripture.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 (New International Version)

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

how much the prophesying in part applies possibly with regards to having to recognise prophecy fulfillment I have no idea it would be wrong to speculate.

What is the worst accusation of anti-witnesses?

That they apply bible scripture to strictly not the opposite.

When I see christendom making an idol out of Jesus, worshiping him but ignoring his words not even preaching anymore, I know what I consider a deal breaker.

I think Jw's will need more refinement but I also think any religion will be measured by how much it doesn't become a reflection of public opinion around it.

Everyone has their own opinion and I have mine but the bible leads to Jws having the most biblical honesty in my opinion and as a religion at this time not afraid to address all the bible issues like Fornication, homosexuality, idolatry, blood the hard and difficult ones we are still under and ones time cannot wipe out but public opinion now approves of.

Not hypocritically pretending to accept all religions on one hand while praying that they see sense on the other in line with their own beliefs.

I also do not blame a group for the actions of individuals especially if they are going against the teaching of the religion in their actions.

lol i'll get off my soap box now.

Well you asked and thats my answer.

Reniaa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thank you for answering.

There is evidence to be found on this forum to fulfill all of the criteria you have highlighted from other religions.

Please check out the "best of" section.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Reniaa: "Is babylons destruction a false prophecy? Is Jesus coming a false prophecy?"

-----

If those prophecies are for real then WT should be shaking in it's boots.

Because first of all, it will go the way of the rest of Babylon.

And second it would certainly be condemned to hell when Jesus finds out what they have done in his name.

Actually, these religions are just regrouping. It may look like "babylon" has disintergrated somewhat....but what arises after the implosion will be the same group....new name. Another system of control.

Only this time it will be united with the rest of fallen babylon to bring in a fascist regime under the guise of benevolence.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

its useless don't you all see.

Reniaa is tuned on by Debates.

as long as she can pick and choose, she will debate the responses you see.

reminds you of the golden years of the WT, where rutherford would debate anyone..... why don't they do this publicly anymore?

I pity the fool!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

reniaa,

You have highlighted the failings of other groups and organisations as if that somehow makes the WTs correct.

In the U.K., if there are 20 cars parked on a double yellow line, you could in your mind say well, it’s O.K. for me.

But you will ALL get a ticket, you are ALL wrong.

The problem I had when incarcerated in the Org., was I found it hard to separate Jehovah from the society, it is only now, can I see that according to the scriptures they have proved beyond any shadow of doubt that they are an organisation far far removed from Jehovah.

In my own opinion if allowed to express it is,

That Jehovah is not backing ANY religious organisation at all’

But that does not mean we can’t worship him through Jesus Christ.

KT

• wobble
    wobble

The WT and biblical honesty,can you put those phrases in the same sentence ?

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

its wonderful to see how worked up people get about one person

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"that they have changed the bible"

Now THAT was one bold statement!

So each and every Bible translation out there in the whole wide world is a changing of the Bible? Does that mean you stick to King James? Or to Vulgate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit