I had a discussion with a JW sister today about miscarriage and the new WT

by BonaFide 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    our 'old men' have the right to lead by virtue of being our leaders, show me a scripture that proves that we can ignore leadership given in Christs name over the flocks?

This is a fallacy in logic called the authority fallacy. I'm right because I say I'm right. I'm the leader because I say I'm the leader. Show me the scripture whereby Christ gave control over all Christan's to a printing corporation in New York?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Its great whenever the Society basically says "we don't know" when they choose to speculate about the Bible. It's feigned humility, really. Because they WISH they could give an answer.

If you had all the bound volumes collected together in one room, you could remove 90% of them and that would be all the speculation--all the attempts to fill in the gaps with what the Bible DOESN'T say.

If there's one thing I'd like to say to the Society as a whole, it's this: "Just shut the FUCK UP about what you think the Bible really says, because when it comes down to it, you DON"T KNOW CRAP now, do you? Just SHUT UP and keep your trap shut and stop dicking around with people's hopes and dreams. You have no right to expound, interpret, or speculate on the Bible or any other matter."

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Attacks on leadership? THEY are the ones that tell JWs that they are supposed to examine our religion and, if we find that we are being taught things NOT in the Bible as truth then we should leave it and become JWs if we are truly sincere. So what are JWs supposed to do when THEIR religion goes beyond scripture? They are not supposed to 'attack' the leadership by questioning their 'direction from God'.

He asked fair enough questions. If the best response he gets is that he shouldn't question the leadership of the org., then that is his big red flag that he SHOULD question them, IMO.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    bonafide your mostivations were obvious, you weren't interested in miscarriages which the sister clearly was. Just pointing out defects in leadership changes of teachings

How do you know? Maybe you are inspired.

My reading is Bonafide enjoys thinking for himself and wants to encourage others to do the same.

At the very worst Bonafide is guilty of using a sensitive issue to get people to think for themselves. The governing body on the other hand use issues like this as a means to exert their authority, because it does not matter so much what ruling they make on this or that particular issue so much as the assertion of their right to make the determination and that others must accept it. Sometimes I wonder if this is perhaps the reason why they change their minds so much and insist everyone must agree with the change: just to show they still can, their power is still intact.

• goodgrief
    goodgrief

Was moses God's channel? was king david God's channel? were the appostles Gods channel? forgive me but I don't see perfection as a requirement of God's channel? I only see having the blessing of holy spirit guidance which will show up in if your teachings reflect God's word the bible.

We do not gain perfection until Jesus comes but that doesn't stop us being under the authority of our leaders! Who are allowed to have confidence in their message that they have been blessed by spirit into having the right one.

I wouldn't be defending witnesses if I hadn't looked at other christian faiths and found they no longer teach God's word the bible!

Refinement isn't an excuse but something we have to accept until Jesus comes.

Our leaders are accountable to God not men.

How were they refined?

Did God make them realize that they speak authoritively about subjects they don't know anything about?

Going from having an answer to "we don't know" isn't refinement of knowledge.

Why did the WTS even feel the need to say what they said when they clearly "didn't know" all along?

What possessed them to speak on miscarried children when they have and never had a clue about their chances of resurrection to begin with?

Why should anyone listen to foolish men who claim to speak God's truth about subjects that when "refined" reveals their ignorance and presumptuousness?

Why would God punish people for not believing them when they go from acting like they know something to admitting they don't and call it "refinement"?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome goodgrief!

Good questions you raise. Here's the answers... as if you didn't already know:

They weren't "refined".
    Nope.
    Because they're full of crap.
    One would reach the logical conclusion that they were possessed by Satan.
    No one should listen to them.
    Watchtower God punishes everybody for everything all the time because it's THEIR OWN fault.

B the X

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Another dimension to this, is that the Society is in effect just throwing a bone to those JW sisters who have been troubled by this matter for years. It reminds me of another teaching that the Society tried to expound upon regarding whether those who had lost wives or husbands in this system would be with them again in the new system. For years, it was "no, they'll be like angels, and whatever that means, blah blah blah." THe most recent word, however, is basically, "we don't know."

Another bone.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    Was moses God's channel? was king david God's channel? were the appostles Gods channel? forgive me but I don't see perfection as a requirement of God's channel? I only see having the blessing of holy spirit guidance which will show up in if your teachings reflect God's word the bible.

No, no and a big NO!

Channeling spirits is an occult practice performed by people who are not Christians. It is condemned in the Bible as a practice of spiritism. There is no scripture that claims God will teach people through spiritism or channeling.

• serendipity
    serendipity

BF,

Wish I could be a fly on the wall near some of your conversations.

I'd rather have an "We don't know" than some of the other trash that's been printed.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Another dimension to this, is that the Society is in effect just throwing a bone to those JW sisters who have been troubled by this matter for years. It reminds me of another teaching that the Society tried to expound upon regarding whether those who had lost wives or husbands in this system would be with them again in the new system. For years, it was "no, they'll be like angels, and whatever that means, blah blah blah." THe most recent word, however, is basically, "we don't know."

Another bone

Thats is so true Daniel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit