I had a discussion with a JW sister today about miscarriage and the new WT

by BonaFide 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ren, honey,

On these issues there is NO justification for giving the wrong understanding for 25 years then admitting

"WE DONT KNOW"

On virtually everything the Society has had to change it is because they did not have the humility to admit "WE DONT KNOW"

What sticks in my throat is all the times the WT has pointed at every other religion and said "they dont know" then said but WE have the answer (even if that answer changes time and again) when they obviously dont know either.

Look at the issue of Sodom and Gomorrah. The JWs have been corrected and refined on this understanding at least 6 times. Each time the holy spirit has ensured that the faithful slave contradicted itself.

It is certainly a test of faith is it not?

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Question

WHO is the leadership of the Jehovahs Witnesses?

HB

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thank you for that. This is a very sore spot for me. After we lost our first pregnancy (me and my wife have had 4) some sister in the hall felt the need to share that article (about no Resurrection for miscarriages) with us because we were allowing this to "side track us in our service to Jehovah". The one good thing to come out of this was my wife was able to open her eyes because of that.

So of course my mom had to bring this article up to me a few weeks ago. I simply ask her where they got off talking about things that they have no biblical backing for. I wish I could have handled it as well as you did BonaFide.

• carla
    carla

It is amazing that the wt gives it members and even psuedo members the ability to read peoples hearts such as Reniaa has done to Bonafide. She claims she knows what his motives are and that he doesn't care about all the women who have suffered miscarriages and were told they weren't real human beings all these years because they did not take a breath and have no chance of seeing them after the jw big A. I know my jw also has this arrogant attitude until many people call him out on it.

Reniaa what is your motive? How do you know if Bonafide has suffered a miscarriage in his own family or not?

What is with jw's who do not understand the Jonah story? God did not change His mind at all, go back and read it slowly, read the whole thing out of the Bible not the wt's and not the NWT.

My theory on Reniaa is that she usually shows up here after she is getting her butt kicked over on Topix and she needs the mental fix she gets by feeling superior to all the so called apostates. Then she gets her butt kicked here after spouting her psuedo jw/church of Reniaa ungodly drivel, refuses to answer questions and leaves to go back to Topix for a while hoping we will all forget her unanswered questions here. She supports a group that will not take her back because she herself cannot live up to their 'standards' as is proven by her mere presence here.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hamsterbait were is your proof that there is a time limit on refinement?

I feel for anyone who suffered by this mistake I too have had a miscarriage and so bonoafide agenda to use it as a stick to beat leadership with annoyed me but this aside, they have been refined to stepping back on it, they had been asked and got it wrong and so they have been refined I am glad for this as It means we do have hope for our unborn.

What would another christian faith say on this subject? would they say it had been chosen by God and became a spirit in heaven totally unbiblical but makes people feel good? I want real answers but I also want to see refinement if mistakes are made, I see this with Jws I do not see this with Christendom. They were wrong on this so they changed it it!

in answer to your question hamsterbait.....

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Acts 20:28
    Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

We have a structured leadership. First God Jehovah, then Jesus, then overseers from among men, who have to account to God for their leadership whether good or bad. but they are still our leaders and we are still under authority to them and it was given them by Jesus until he returns.

1 Peter 5:2-4 (New International Version)

2 Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Carla

OXO

HB Deep breaths and a brown paper bag DO help (I know)

Ren honey where in my post did I use the term "time limit on refinement"?? The only thing the WTBTS seems to overlook is that the very nation he chose was rejected. I think the WT is heading the same way, but they don't see it.

As the scripture says "the temple of jehovah, the temple of jehovah, the temple of jehovah, it is..." Those priests thought that just by repeating that they were gods channel would keep it that way.

Look at WT history, the power struggle in 1916. With jarasz dying, there is one now. Who knows how things will change?

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Bonafide is still a JW Brother in good standing, while reniaa is a "sister"? I thought sisters weren't supposed to counsel or teach brothers?

Since she likes to copy\paste scriptures so much try this one:

1 Corinthians 14:34 (New International Version)

women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

I like you reniaa, you make the forum interesting.

• dinah
    dinah

Well done, BF.

You didn't bring up the subject, someone else did. Funny how they panic.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Carla you knock me for judging bonafide on his unsimpathetic words in the original post then go on to make even more eroneous conclusions over me?

lol you will need to provide proof I get whooped on topix, gareth and 3w are on there among others pro-Jw's and we have very little time for anti-witness rhetoric which a mostly attacks on imperfection rather than scriptural teachings. not many would get away with the massive generalisations on there of Jws that you get on here or the bait threads inviting negative experiences on witnesses.

You cannot change what bonafide wrote and to me it sounded like an attack on leadership and uncaring of a sisters pain over miscarriage but I could be wrong. He didn't seem overly bothered that they have said now it is 'don't know' situation so there is hope for us who have had miscarriages in regards to our unborn children, he seemed more bothered about proving that they were wrong to change their minds. And then justifying his own right to constantly question them in a very attacking way. having questions is okay but it's your motivations that show up in why you question, was he even interested in the answers?

This forum makes People very confrontational and tries to create wrongdoings where there are none.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

reniaa.

We have a structured leadership. First God Jehovah, then Jesus, then overseers from among men, who have to account to God for their leadership whether good or bad. but they are still our leaders and we are still under authority to them and it was given them by Jesus until he returns.

That is what the Catholics say too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit