I had a discussion with a JW sister today about miscarriage and the new WT

by BonaFide 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

ct russell erm i'm looking around but I don't see the church you speak of to be quiet in ^^ or are you saying this forum is a church for anti-witnesses?

By coming on these forums bonafide and myself have laid ourselves open to the law of this forum if we lose our faith because of it we only have ourselves to blame!

Reniaa

• chickpea
    chickpea

bona fide!

what an excellent and strategic
    counter-cult episode!

we struggled for years with
    the teaching about miscarried
    children, as ours was an at-home
    spontaneous abortion of a late
    second trimester son... we had
    a body to bury and a grave to dig.....

a name to bestow, paul benjamin....

he lingers in our family history as
    "baby paul", with his siblings born
    after the fact referring to him as
    their older brother....

with no "resurrection hope" to cling to
    i learned to live with the reality that little
    life was over and done.... and ya know what,
    my heart still beat, my life went on with joys
    and other heart-aches, making me realize that if
    there is or if there isnt some kind of "after",
    NOW is all i am assured of and i best be
    engaged in making it count for something.....

KEEP making people think, BF!
    someday there will be grandchildren hearing
    about their grandparents escape from a cult
    because "this former CO helped me see the
    b0rg for what it really was....."

• reniaa
    reniaa

what does all this moaning about the rights and wrong actions of our leadership achieve?

People suffered by this wrong teaching yes but it has changed are you not glad it changed?

If you don't agree with Jw leaders join a religion of which you do agree with the leaders.

Or make your own if you have holy spirit you will be blessed and it will grow. bare in mind if you make your own christian religion you are accountable as a leader even if you are a leader of only one! the bible is very clear that leaders are accountable for how they teach God's message.

What did ray franz acheive? he stumbled many people out of their faith but gave them no alternative he also made a little money from book sales. fruitage shows what makes you God's people.

God's people do say come to God's temple of men become a group of like-minded souls, having confidence in your religion is allowed this is not a sin. The early christians called themselves the 'Church of God' they to were saying gather together among the true teachings of God. the points is to make sure you have the true teaching and not a false man-made one.

• carla
    carla

People have an alternative to the wt, His name is Christ.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

What did ray franz acheive? he stumbled many people out of their faith but gave them no alternative he also made a little money from book sales. fruitage shows what makes you God's people.

Ray Franz also helped many to deepen their relationship with God. Those who he helped out of the org who also subsequently lost their faith in God...their faith was in God thru an org...that's not real.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Next time they say questions are good but be careful try this line:

"So which type of questions are good questions to have, the ones that are easily answered? Can I only ask questions that I know the WT has the answer to?"

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Reniaa,

Here you go again with your rationalization.

The "faithful slave" claims to be God's only channel of communication. What they print is taken as gospel and an ultimate authority by the rank and file. It's as good as God speaking directly to you. But when the "faithful slave" makes a mistake (which is often), excuses like "they're just imperfect men" or "the light gets brighter" are brought up.

They can't have it both ways. If they are God's channel, they shouldn't be making mistakes. If they are making mistakes, they aren't God's channel.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ren -

How dare you blasphemously ask " where does all this questioning of our leadership lead."

ONE is your leader Christ.

Not a bunch of dust farting reptiles in New York.

I now see you for what you really are. A follower of stupid old men who will die before you realise that what they taught you is all LIES.

I am not only sad.

I am disgusted.

HB

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Bonafide,

I recently had a very, very similiar conversation with a few JWs but only on a different topic. I was also told that the slave is not inspired and one JW male went so far to tell me that I cannot hold the FDS accountable and that they are only doing the best they can based on their understanding of the bible. Then someone carried on about refinement and the light getting brighter...had to remind them that I knew what they were going to say before they said it...I spewd that stuff for years.

If those folks could just hear themselves sometimes.

drwtsn32...exactly! They can't have it both ways.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Look at the issue of Sodom and Gomorrah. The JWs have been corrected and refined on this understanding at least 6 times. Each time the holy spirit has ensured that the faithful slave contradicted itself.

Hamsterbait,

This IS the point, isn't it? No matter what the WTS's current position/thought/teaching/understanding at the time is, it had better be YOUR new thought/teaching/understanding also.

Why? Because the WTS(FAITHFUL SLAVE) IS GOD'S CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION TO MEN. Isn't that what they assert? They never print "new light" with the provision that it is a temporary "understanding" or that it "may be true" or admit that they are imperfect, but instead one can be disfellowshipped if they do not at the instant of the new teaching/understanding/position/thought immediately change their thought to conform.

Plus, they never say, "WE WERE WRONG.....SORRY." Not even when they changed their minds on vaccinations, or organ transplants, or accepting blood fractions. How many lost their lives over these "imperfect men's" decisions while they were "refining" their understandings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit