I just heard of more organizational changes...........

by awildflower 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

It's hard to say really - there are so many witnesses anyway that the territory (Esp in the cities) is overworked , people know full well about the witnesses and what they believe

There are two things to consider here though....

First - with language "normalisation" legislation, everything in life must be equally availiable in spanish and catalan. So they are slowly releasing more and more literature that is in day to day use by brothers - meeting material etc. For instance, in the KH's they were legally obliged to put up catalan years texts and signs.

second - a lot of the brothers are very proud of being catalan, so much so that many prefer to go to english and other foreign language groups rather than speak spanish, and many older ones do not read spanish very well. The nationalism here is pride in the language (not pride in the state) so each region is proud of their own language (unfortunately where I live, that pride manifests itself in ETA terrorism). The difference is between basque and catalan - with basque it has become a political issue - in catalunya it is purely linguistic.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

odd that state legislation would be "needed" to get "year's texts and signs". From my experience, each congregation just naturally is formed as various ones fill out the publisher record cards, etc., noting which language they are most comfortable in, and which other languages they use; as well as with languages are being found in the various territories, which require studies to be conducted, as much as possible in the language the newer student is more fluent in. If any are unfamiliar with some (or all) of the aspects of writing that most fluent language, efforts are made to help the students gain increasingly fluent literacy in it. When groups are formed, the signage just naturally is made up, to go alongside the host congregation's signage, whether it be the year's text, or info for the notice boards, and displays regarding meeting times, as well as the "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses"-type signage for the fronts of the buildings. Only where governmental restrictions are placed on the work, would some of these aspects perhaps not be in place. KMs, magazines, and other literature are translated as the translators become available to do such work, whether by hand, by audio/video recordings, or by printing press.

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

yes, but spain is a different case...

1 country - 4 languages. Some are more politicised than others, so it was just blanket castillian spanish to ensure that brothers and sisters weren't caught in the mire of linguistic nationalism. However, the government in catalunya is enforcing catalan on day to day life - so the society had to buckle. And the catalan brothers are liking it - very much.

Anyone born in catalunya in the last 20 years is completely bi-lingual, however most can go through life without having to speak spanish (they only do so to people that do not speak catalan. The only difference was that at meetings, they would have to do everything in castillian spanish.

not any more - up in my part of the country the basques are wondering when this will happen for them :D

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

that's odd that politics is interfering with love of Jehovah

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    that's odd that politics is interfering with love of Jehovah

Hello former JW's....

I feel comfortable enough in posting this, and I ask to be forgiven for any offense it may cause. But this statement by Spike to me is a good example of a potential troll statement, who desires to take a thread off in a different direction by upsetting posters here.

Rather then respond in kind, I think it better to realize that the bait does not have to be taken, nor does anyone here owe Spike an explanation.

Even JW lurkers here know full well that politics run things.

I would also note that this statement is not particularly helpful, nor can anyone respond in any way BUT emotionally, which I feel is entirely the plan here.

I think a JW point of view should he heard and respected. But I also think it right to expect a JW to act like a human and engage in the points and spirit of the thread, instead of engaging in passive agressive sabatoge.

But its up to you.

I just wanted to go on the record today and say that. Thank you for listening. Spike, I have no desire to do anything more then point out things I have seen in a respectful fashion. I realize that my points are my opinions, but I think there is merit to what I have said, and I personally hope that you get the intent of what I am saying here. Thank you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

there is no love of Jehovah in the org leadership...it is control, and fostering in the captives a love for the org...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Jeff , I could give Spike some examples of the love of Jehoobvahh if he really wanted

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

some reports of organisational changes seem odd, that's all. Substantiation is always well. Much is available on the web, which could be linked. That would be very helpful.

• yknot
    yknot

Spike

It is not that uncommon for the WTS to decide to print publications in an alternate language within countries. The WTS's goal is conversion and translating into Catalan is nothing more then a business decision that gives encouragement to an emerging demographic.

There are stories of conversion when a publisher addresses or offers literature to a householders in their native tongue. The householder cum JW often retells of how impressed they were that the JWs showed respect and understanding for their culture thus it was like Jehovah inviting them personally to come into the truth.

Should the Basque language rise as Catalan, then we will see Basque WT/Awakes.

Beyond that Spain is a hotbed right now...... I suggest you use bablefish or google translate and pop over to www.extj.com/foro for more information (PDF letters, court orders and such proof) regarding restructuring and fallout of the WTS's actions to vacate after losing their appeal. I also suggest you consider reading Yearbook reports and other articles regarding the lenghts Spanish JWs went to have a Bethel built.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The real modus operandi is not "business", I say, but going by the timeless principles "cautious as serpents, innocent as doves", "Let God be found true …", and "return evil for evil to no one".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit