I just heard of more organizational changes...........

by awildflower 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

I know the organization would just say there is so much work to do now more so in this time of the end. I know the national economics is mega strained. But with all that, it seems the WTS is frantic, manic. Changes just flying in the wind. Big moves here and moves there to save a tax here, get around a law there, down-size here, drop long-timer volunteers here and there. They can always get free labor anywhere to support their mania.

They are just spinning in their wheels. The organization has so many corporations and separate names that even JWs don't even know. The leadership is "helter-skelter."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have no idea why they spend/loose so much in order to save on taxes?

I accept the facts of life, and 1 of them is paying taxes.... I cringe during april..... but I pay the dues!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

look at how much they lost for bringing up the "contribution only for pubs" change?

if they would of charged $$$, they would of made double only to loose a small portion of it!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Here's a thought:

We know they're moving out of Brooklyn. Patterson is maxed out... they wouldn't be able to move all the white-collars from Brooklyn to Patterson without significant expansion. However, if they move all the printing to Wallkill, and lay off a few hundred more people at Wallkill and Brooklyn, they could move the remaining Brooklyn Bethelites to Wallkill. Then Wallkill would become the main complex for HQ, except the printing would be moved to Canada. That would enable them to keep Wallkill, and not have to build somewhere else for all the Brooklyn folks. THere would be a lot of buildings and facilities that would no longer be needed (printing room, packing, warehouses, etc.), but for the most part the Wallkill complex could live on as worldwide HQ.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Of course, the above isn't consistent with the theory that they will be moving printing to Canada for the health care. For this to be, in fact, the reason, wouldn't it make sense to move ALL Bethel operations to Canada? In that case, Wallkill, Brooklyn, and Patterson would have to be shut down. And that doesn't sound realistic.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

regardless of the benefits of leaving NY, I don't think they would take the risk of moving out of the US....at least for the time being the US still has the biggest bang for the buck.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

regardless of the benefits of leaving NY, I don't think they would take the risk of moving out of the US....at least for the time being the US still has the biggest bang for the buck.

And I don't think it would be cost effective to move every Bethelite up there, divest of their properties down here, just to have to expand up there, all for the health care. There are just too many variables in the mix.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Agreed daniel-p, I am not all that WTS savvy, but I feel they will never fully relinquish the position in Brooklyn, too much riding on the visibility of the huge WATCHTOWER sign across the east river from manhattan.....and an occasional spot in a movie or tv show to boot....

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As a legal entity the WT is based in NY and Pennsylvania. Rutherford got rid of those nominated by Russell because they were not residdents in one or the other (I forget the details)

They would lose all legal control over the finances if they moved out completely. The governing body has to be made up not only of annointed, but those resident in the state where the corporation was founded.

Am I wrong on any of this?

HB

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'll bet the city of New York would pay THEM big bucks just to get rid of that hideous sign. It's a blight on the sky line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit