I just heard of more organizational changes...........

by awildflower 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm very happy to hear that some of the shit literature they print is having some success. *coughbullsh*t*

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

right before I walked away for good in September 2007, the Society was sending almost all of their literatrash and ragazines via worldly carriers instead of WT trucking. I worked the local literature depot once a month for literatrash pick up for 15 plus years....

WT Trucking has been nearly eliminated..they just keep what is needed to truck between facilities in NY....The society started this whole thing when they eliminated their warehouse/depot down in Texas long ago when they eliminated food service at conventions. I knew the CO who used to run that op.

Then they were sending literature to the assembly halls via WT branded trucks with Bethelites.... they would send trucks out with litteratrash and return with various supplies needed for the NY complexes.... the eventual goal was to also send ragazines that way too for local congos to pick up. Then they scrapped that idea when the congos that were further out cried about having to drive 3-4 hours to an assembly hall or other depot.

Pretty soon the WT trucks quit coming and everything was coming common carrier.... the society would ship LTL (less than load...meaning less than full tractor trailers) onto local carriers...that would send them cross country via rail...then another local carrier would pick up the LTL (several pallets, never a full truck) to the depots..... even if the society has a full trailer to send to a single location, it is still cheaper to send it via local carriers/rail than use their own trucks. Literature, Bethelite personal effects, convention crap...all comes this way now.

Then a brother was brought in to do a business analysis of the Society's US operations......I think in the 90s/early 2000s..... and found out how inefficient the Society was....even with volunteer labor.... the last I had heard from my inside sources about 18 months ago (which are all gone now)...this is the business plan the society is using ...it was a 10-20 year plan.

I can easily see the Society consolidating magazines printing in one location, books in another. Health care has nothing to do with it as far as cost-savings. Layoffs do. Worldly corporations consolidate similar operations into a single location to benefit from efficiencies of scale. The local cable company has direct sales in one location, tech support in another, billing in another...etc... when it used to be they would have all of the ops in each location doing everything...

Brooklyn will soon go away....that WT sign means nothing. DUMBO didnt happen.... too much local objection over lack of street level retail....turning those blocks surrounding that proposed tower into a street level ghost town and even more properties with no taxes coming in.... the burrough residents want WT out and taxes coming back in.... the burrough taxpayers have to make up for what WT does not pay. Maybe their individual taxes will go down (or at least not rise so fast) if WT properties go back on the tax rolls because the overall tax burden will be spread out a bit more.

Ranapao (sp?) officials only had to look north (walkill and patterson) and south (brooklyn) to see what was coming and wisely vetoed WT coming to town.

So Plan C is what is being discussed now....use under utilized facilities in Canada....max out facilities at Walkill...keep the country club open at Patterson to keep the GB fat and happy..... and hunker down for the Big A....

(whatever happened to their Florida operations other than West Palm?)

just my thoughts.... in reality I only care because it makes an interesting case study for my business classes...lol WT can kiss my a$$ otherwise.

Snakes ()

• awildflower
    awildflower

Wow, thanks for the info. Once again the WTS took their cues (sp?) from the "world" and what was most efficient. Where is the Holy Spirit? Wouldn't Jehovah had set them up perfectly from the beginning so this org could have really stood out and the rest of the world could have learned from them instead of it being visa versa? It's embarrasing and humiliating and patranizing to think all they had to do (if this is in fact true) is say that the Bible Teach book was just doing so well etc........ I feel sorry for the people that buy that load of crap and sad that the smallest, lamest answer/reason can be given without question and everyone gets so excited about it! God help them..........wf

• yknot
    yknot

AWF....

I can't help but wonder if that 'explanation' about Bible Teach might be a bit more then just a quick pass.....

Reducing the BS to 25 minutes pretty much has made it a 'not so relevent' aspect of the night's line up. Many JWs are whispering hopes of the WTS dumping the BS entirely and the new set up allows it to be easily dismissed too!

So it is a possibility one cold Jan 1st morning the only books being printed are for conversion, TMS and singing.

Brochures could easily replace books for behavior control instruction.

Also just a question about the 'bible teach' explanation...... your source didn't mention the Keep book? With Teddy infirmed is the Keep book on it's way out as the second choice? .......

Thanks for your further comments!

• truthlover
    truthlover

The info given at one of the Cdn assemblies -

a new twice the capacity printer has been ordered for Canada for publication of the North American mags, two shifts to work it

Selling off 2-3 of the presses they had just purchased a few years ago - who will purchase when the newspaper industry is going the way of the dodo

Cdn Bethel is interested in 50 bodies to volunteer - so I dont think too many will be transferred up from the US. No mention made about the Teach book - that may have been thrown in by whomever was giving the talk, just to add a little spice to the talk, you know how people love to hear this type of comment

Nothing mentioned about the Keep book either

• dinah
    dinah

Something is up. Seems like watchtower is running from something. Are there more legal woes coming down the pipes and are they trying to protect their assets by transferring things to other countries? I wonder what the scoop is.

Yep

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for the explanation Snakes.

I'm trying to get the nerve up to reestablish contact with some from Bethel to see what's the word there.

• awildflower
    awildflower

No, nothing about the Keep book.........wf

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I can confirm all truthlover posted.

Those points were mentioned Sunday of one of the District Conventions held in Kitchener Ontario.

• bobld
    bobld

Words of wisdom from Snakes.You should go on a world wide tour of all the congregations of J.W. and inform them of the latest news at HQ.Inform the locals of the real world of the WBTS / GB for what they are.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit