I just heard of more organizational changes...........

by awildflower 95 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Currently, much of the litteratrash going from the Wallkill to the congregations is sent on Watchtower Corp trucks to assembly halls and other literatrash depots. Other more remote congregations get theirs via UPS, I think. So, now they'll have to change it up for the trucks coming from Canada.

That's how I figured they'd deal with the transport of finished literature. The more they can eliminate the worldly middle man who makes a nice chunk of cash from delivery, the more money they'll have in their bank accounts and the more volunteers they can have driving trucks. All they have to do is pay gas and maintain the vehicles. BTW, does the WT have their own volunteer mechanics? That wouldn't surprise me.

Walkill could be just a central distribution site for the USA and home to the wonderful FDS and / or lawyers.

I'm wondering how much more the WTS can downsize and cut back before it runs into problems? They cheapened the literature, reduced the literature, eliminated food from conventions, dumped a bunch of Bethelites, and are selling of a bunch of their buildings. Can they actually thrive on donations and estates from dead JWs?

• metatron
    metatron

They seem desperate and lacking in a clear long-term vision. At some point, I hope for the end of Awake printing and C.O. 's.

metatron

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

metatron,

They seem desperate and lacking in a clear long-term vision.

My experience in Beth-hell is in agreement. I found so many decisions to be "reactionary", rather than "inspired". And many of their short-sighted decisions were very expensive. As I recall, they spent loads of money installing a new laundry and dry-cleaning operation in Furman, just a short time before it came out that they were selling Furman. So, they had to start all over installing everything in one of the factory buildings, I think. That's just one of the examples proving that either they weren't getting direction from sky-daddy, or sky-daddy didn't know what he was doing. For the few instances where they crowed about Jehovah leading them to make great decisions--like selling Furman for enough money to buy a bunch of super-giant printing presses--there were a dozen decisions that were terrible, and never discussed openly.

Moving the magazine printing to Canada, well, I think it's just shoveling more coal into Titanic's boilers.

B the X

• metatron
    metatron

Exactly so. They keep making decisions as if one committee has no idea what anyone else is doing, like when they printed a glossy brochure to encourage kids to come to Bethel while they were laying off or losing Bethelites through attrition.

They have acted as if child molesting was only a 'worldly' problem while paying out settlements to silence legal challenges.

This stuff should not surprize us as this is how Assembly Halls are built!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Service and Teaching alwys clashing?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

HB: " The governing body has to be made up not only of annointed, but those resident in the state where the corporation was founded."

Wasn't the WTBTS corp founded in Pennsylvania? Is the WT in NY a different corp?

• dingo1
    dingo1

wannaexit is a ginger

• JHK
    JHK

Now, the canadian brothers must pay all magazines production: the Governing Body Bank objective.

• Quandary
  • awildflower
    awildflower

update: the friend that gave me this original info said that the reason being given for moving the mag printing and shipping to Canada is because, and get this.........the Bible Teach Book is having unbelievable success and they need all of Pattersons printing operations to go into that book! What?!?! Like my friend said, where's the proof of the success of this book especially in this country? Are we now just leaving one on every door? Is this just another cover up for the real reasons? What gives?.........wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit