Show-down with elder at the kingdom hall

by Hobo Ken 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>Judge

It's weird Judge that is exactly the same experience as I had. For years my old man refused to accept the "new light" because he wanted to believe the old light more. Now he doesn't teach it in the min but said he still beleives it!!! Amazing . Technically he is an apostate....

I had a discusion with both my folks recently in which I said we were all guilty of false prophecy and teaching lies to people regarding the generation ,whether unintentional or not. There is no excuse.

The 1914 dogma is an embarrassing doctrine and hangs like a millstone round the WtS's necks. The problem the G.B. have is they have so heavily pushed it and in fact built thier whole organisation on it that it is going to take a genius peice of P.R./political spin to back away from it.

>Boyzone

It's great that happned for you although the mind has to be right and I think you do have to be a smart person and receptive to the Holy Spirit for it to happen.

This is an interesting scpiture which I think pertains to this scenario:

(2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) 9 But the lawless one's presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

There are some for whom these verses apply in the JW org. They believe lies as taught by the Watchtower and refuse to believe the actual truth as found in scripture almost like as the above verse said they take pleasure in believing bad lies.

I have shown close family members verses like Rev 19.1 which plainly says the great crowd are in heaven NOT EARTH( as the wts teach) and they actually don't accept it. I've seen the prophecy in this verse in operation.

Or my brother Paul during podcast 7 "I know what you say about the society becoming an NGO, but I just don't accept it "

Don't accept what Paul? that they didn't do it or that you don't want to accept that your beloved organisation could do such a thing?

Boyzone you were receptive but some will believe this crap until their dying day. Password believes that some people have to be "broken" before they will change their mind. Who knows with Ron and his number 2 , Paul?

Matt.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hope everything works out....sounds complicated.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I know a guy who was thoroughly under the grip of heroin addiction and believed a lot of stuff about himself and other people due to his addiction and what the drugs were doing to his mind.

He's now clean from drugs.

What set him free from drugs was something happened in his brain that caused him no longer to believe the things that he once did, beliefs that had led him into addiction.

He had to be broken first, though, and he freely admits this. He was brought really low, his beliefs were destroyed and he's now free.

• scotsman
    scotsman

broken by an outside source or from within?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'd suggest from within.

• flipper
    flipper

HOBO KEN- You have a lot of balls - and I admire that ! Kudos to you. Good job

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Pastor Russell Said (in 1908)

Pastor Russell Said (in 1908)
    “All who cut loose from the Society and its work, instead of prospering themselves or upbuilding others in the faith and in the graces of the spirit, seemingly do the reverse—attempt injury to the Cause they once served, and, with more or less noise, gradually sink into oblivion, harming only themselves and others possessed of a similarly contentious spirit. . . . If some think that they can get as good or better provender at other tables, or that they can produce as good or better themselves—let these take their course. . . . But while we are willing that others should go anywhere and everywhere to find food and light to their satisfaction, strange to say, those who become our opponents take a very different course. Instead of saying in the manly fashion of the world, ‘I have found something which I prefer; goodbye!’ these manifest anger, malice, hatred, strife, ‘works of the flesh and of the devil’ such as we have never known worldly people to exhibit. They seem inoculated with madness, Satanic hydrophobia [rabies]. Some of them smite us and then claim that we did the smiting. They are ready to say and write contemptible falsities and to stoop to do meanness. I think Matt shocked Ronnie as he was audibly showing that he wasn't part of the 'groupthink' any more (as besty pointed out.) He stood up on his own, showing this elder that the spell was now broken and he could challenge him on his spiteful words. Although he apologised , (because he recognised he was in the wrong), its clear that this 'discussion' with Matt then turned on it's head and Ronnie then saw that Matt was the offender. This was evident when he then used this occasion, as well as the shepherding visits to bring judicial proceedings against him. He even testified as a witness to the fact that Matt was apostate in his thinking. What Russell said above sums up the orgs view of all us apostates........ Im sure this would have been Rons view of Matt's 'agression' .........although perhaps not in the graphic terms used by Russell........"innoculated with madness and satanic rabies". The essence of these words permeate the thoughts of elders the world over when someone becomes a 'concern' through 'questioning' and 'non-acceptance of teachings. It's no wonder they dont want to help or listen to your 'concerns' about the org. or their teachings. They know your mouth is moving, but all they see is the white foam.........

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>Flipper

Ty.

>I knowall

Russel was a deluded, power crazed ,self important blasphemer. What he had to say about ex members was laughable.

The realisation that you have been conned, for pehaps in some cases, all of your life by the Watchtower Society is what drives many ex members to take action against what they used to hold dear.

I personally would like this organisation to completely disintegrate. I work hard at what I do now to get people out and prevent others from joining. If even one person in each category took positive action then I will have been succesful in my course.

So what if they don't like it and attach some labels to me I don't care what they think of me .

It was liberating to tell Ronnie Hunter what I thought of him and that I was no longer going to follow his fallacious organisation but that he was welcome to do so for the rest of his life.

Matt.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hang about. I think I might know this guy Ronnie Hunter. Does he stand in for the circuit overseer sometimes? And is his wife English? Maybe late fifties and mostly bald? If this is who I think it is then this thread I made a while ago is about his sister in law and her husband who recently moved up from England:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/161092/1/People-who-make-the-truth-EXCITING

If it's the person I think, then I asked him once when he was on a visit why he didn't become a circuit overseer full time. He said the society doesn't appoint people over 50 to be circuit overseers because it's not good value. He looked a bit sad about it so I said it was a silly rule and how can they say that if Armageddon is so close anyway. And he just looked at me suspiciously.

Maybe it's not the same person after all...

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It is the same person. He's in his early 60s now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit