Show-down with elder at the kingdom hall

by Hobo Ken 116 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Isn't it a bit cruel to disfellowship people and have a policy of shunning against such ones just because they don't believe absolutely-to-the-letter the same (fluctuation and changing) doctrines that come from the Governing Body?

Yes.

Jehovah's Witnesses are in existence for the sole purpose of (trying) to change other peoples' beliefs.

So why copy them? For some who leave the Witnesses old habits die hard it seems.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It's worth noting too that nowhere in the recordings are any of the individuals other that Hobo and Iknowall explicitly identified.

A technical distinction of the sort an elder might be proud of. It's 'worth noting' that it means diddly-squat if people arrive at the recordings through the site where people are identified.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So why copy them?

So when they haul you in for a judicial meeting or come to 'shepherd' you about your beliefs you've to quietly sit there and not defend yourself? Interesting tactic.

For some who leave the Witnesses old habits die hard it seems.

Who are you referring to, exactly? I realise you're still a Jehovah's Witness yourself, so who do you mean?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

A technical distinction of the sort an elder might be proud of. It's 'worth noting' that it means diddly-squat if people arrive at the recordings through the site where people are identified.

Well, I'm sure you know the name of a decent solicitor who'll be willing to take up the case on your behalf. Keep up the criticisms of Hobo and Iknowall, too. You're doing almost as good a job as the Witnesses of Bishopbriggs Congregation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If you have left in name but kept the mentality, then what was the point of leaving?

For some who leave the Witnesses old habits die hard it seems.
    Who are you referring to, exactly? I realise you're still a Jehovah's Witness yourself, so who do you mean?

I was talking about you. The statement was not predicated on my having left.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I was talking about you. The statement was not predicated on my having left.

Please cite instances of me trying to change the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Well, I'm sure you know the name of a decent solicitor who'll be willing to take up the case on your behalf.

I have got no interest in any such thing. I was just curious if that angle has been covered. Apparently it has if you are sure the elders have decided not to take any legal action.

Keep up the criticisms of Hobo and Iknowall, too. You're doing almost as good a job as the Witnesses of Bishopbriggs Congregation.

Most of my comments have been supportive. You are just spoiling for a fight. On a most basic level I agree with Hobo, Iknowall and yourself that the Witnesses don't have the truth. That's the most important thing. What I have is a difference of opinion about what we should do with that knowledge. I think it comes down to the rather dramatic way you have chosen to exit. Just because that's your choice I don't think you should try to force it on others.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Please cite instances of me trying to change the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

So you agree with me then that it's pointless trying to get people like Ron Hunter to change their beliefs? Cool we are on the same side after all.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think it comes down to the rather dramatic way you have chosen to exit.

Sorry, what dramatic way would that be, exactly? My, such sweeping statements. I told my father that we were going to church. My mother urged me to disassociate myself to spare my father the trauma of reporting my 'wrongdoing'. So I did, as did my wife. That was it.

The reality is, we chose to leave. You chose to stay. We're living with our choice. You're living with yours.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So you agree with me then that it's pointless trying to get people like Ron Hunter to change their belief

Not only is it pointless, I wouldn't even try. I think you're mixing me up with someone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit