Show-down with elder at the kingdom hall

by Hobo Ken 116 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Just because that's your choice I don't think you should try to force it on others.

I'll repeat what I said above, I think you're mixing me up with someone else.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Attending church is dramatic for a Jehovah's Witness. We have made different choices so far. So I wonder why you implied my choice was cowardly and not the way to "be a man". Is it because, like the Witnesses, you still believe others must see things the same way you do?

Believing you must show the Witnesses are wrong is not really change, it is just swapping labels. If you come to a point where you are happy to let others believe and do what they want that will be a real exit from the Witnesses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I'll repeat what I said above, I think you're mixing me up with someone else.

Well me for starters. You told me I would be a man if I told the elders the religion is wrong to their face. That's an attempt at coercion to imply I am cowardly if I don't act as you say.

And what's the point of your blog if not to show the Witnesses are wrong?

And speaking at church and telling them the Witnesses are wrong and praying for the Witnesses to change their ways.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Attending church is dramatic for a Jehovah's Witness.

And so is no longer attending meetings organised by the Governing Body and sharing in the door-to-door preaching work. Do you do either with any regularity?

. So I wonder why you implied my choice was cowardly and not the way to "be a man".

Your choice of interpretation.

Believing you must show the Witnesses are wrong is not really change, it is just swapping labels.

Again, how am I doing that?

If you come to a point where you are happy to let others believe and do what they want that will be a real exit from the Witnesses.

Well, when you arrive at that point too, where you're happy to let others believe what they wish and do what they want, you'll have successfully exited the Witnesses too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And so is no longer attending meetings organised by the Governing Body and sharing in the door-to-door preaching work.

No that is not dramatic at all. It happens fairly regularly in all congregations that people just stop. What is quite rare and rather dramatic is for people to stop going to the meetings and start going to church.

Do you do either with any regularity?

No.

Your choice of interpretation.

Are you saying it was wrong, or is this an elderish type of "I might not have meant that and you can't prove it nah na nah" game.

Again, how am I doing that?

Your blog, conversations with Reniaa, probably elsewhere too if that's a pattern.

Well, when you arrive at that point too, where you're happy to let others believe what they wish and do what they want, you'll have successfully exited the Witnesses too.

I never said it was consistent. Intolerance of intolerance is not consistent. It is a choice as any other.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Well me for starters. You told me I would be a man if I told the elders the religion is wrong to their face. That's an attempt at coercion to imply I am cowardly if I don't act as you say.

Saying I need an emotional crutch is implying I'm deficient in some way.

And what's the point of your blog if not to show the Witnesses are wrong?

The blog on Freeminds, the apostate website, the site no solid Jehovah's Witness would go to, that blog?

And speaking at church and telling them the Witnesses are wrong and praying for the Witnesses to change their ways.

When did I speak at church telling them the Witnesses are wrong?

And as for praying, well, you're an atheist, so what difference does that make?

At the end of the day, you frequent a website (this one) where the vast majority of the content is exposing the Watch Tower Society/Jehovah's Witnesses as being wrong. You contribute to that content. Plank/Eye?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And besides I was and am happy to let you believe in Jesus and proclaim the Witnesses are wrong and all that. I don't have a problem. It was you who started this off by saying my choice not to leave the dramatic way you left was inadequate. I am just responding to that.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Your blog, conversations with Reniaa, probably elsewhere too if that's a pattern.

As above, my blog is on an apostate website. Reniaa; a poster on an apostate website. I'm not exactly going to the doors of local JWs with anti-Governing Body material. You've got your way of dealing with things, I've got mine.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It was you who started this off by saying my choice not to leave the dramatic way you left was inadequate.

In response to you criticising in a pedantic way (my interpretation) the choice of argument Hobo had with Ronnie Hunter. My point was, at least Hobo had the balls. I apologise (and I do mean this) for coming over attack dog towards you. I genuinely don't mean any ill-will towards you personally.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cool I don't mean any bad feeling either. Good to argue with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit