My son is going to get married!!!!!

by StAnn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This reminds me of what my daughter is doing. Her hubby likes to give her roses for special occasions and my daughter always lets them dry out and then takes the dry petals and puts them in a bowl in her china cabinet. She has done this for years. She is saving them for when her daughter gets married. Isn't that sweet?

I guess she is going to sprinkle them on the walk down the isle path. She has several bowl fulls.

Snoozy..who's daughter owns a limo company, too bad you don't live in Missouri.. Where does your son live?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((StAnn)))..Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!............You and I,are Board Buds.....I am soooooooooo happy for you!!......................OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm happy for you, St Ann.

Hope all your dreams are realized.

Peace and love.

Sylvia

PS: John Doe, shut your dadgummed flap and let this good woman have her moment!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

St. Ann congrats on the good news. You are all lucky that you like this girl and are happy to see them planning to get married. That's a huge plus for them and you. John Doe, are you always so negative - or is that something you reserve for this forum?

• restrangled
    restrangled

StAnn.....Congrats, I am so happy for you!

And just to add, you are a great mom if your son feels confident enought to confide in you!

John Doe....I could slap you silly! Stop giving her a hard time because her son trusts her. It doesn't mean she is going to be all up in his business when he gets married. He's just checking in with his mom.

My older son tells me all his girlfriend woes, antics, fights...etc. I am more of a listening ear than anything else. I had no girls so my son has no growing up with girls experience. Yes, I give my 2 cents, much less now that he is older. When he was a teenager, you bet I had plenty to say about some of the little high maintenance spoiled brats that came through the front door. I'm a girl.....I know manipulative girl behavior when I see it....and I won't hesitate to point it out.

Any way, St Ann....all the best and keep us posted!

r.

• Robdar
    Robdar

StAnn, the wedding is not about you. Don't you feel the least bit selfish and manipulative?

And JD, this thread isn't about you. Why don't you leave StAnn to her happiness stop being a party pooper, ya goof?

StAnn! I am so happy for you. And it's wonderful that you like your future DIL. So many mothers do not like the woman their son marries. I had a MIL from the far side of hell. I am glad you two are congenial. I am sure your son appreciates it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I stand by what I said.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Edited to say that JD stated:

StAnn, the wedding is not about you. Don't you feel the least bit selfish and manipulative?

I don't understand where this is coming from.

The Groom's parents are suppose to pay for certain things and she is trying to figure it out. Sometimes they can't afford it. St. Ann is doing her best to plan on what she needs to spend.

r.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

John Doe - our resident Mr. Cranky Pants.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Thank you all for the good wishes! I'm still floating on a cloud.

I know that I am lucky to have a good son who confides in me and I'm also very lucky that he has found a good woman to marry. She loves him very much and is very good to him and that's good enough for me.

I asked him what took so long. They've been dating for three years. He said, "Well, I've been waiting for her to pop up one day and go crazy like all my other girlfriends have done and she hasn't done it, so I guess I'm safe." Ah, yes, dating in the 21st century!

JD, I assume you're single and your mother died in childbirth? A wedding is a family event, not just between the couple. It's me welcoming her into my family and them welcoming Smash into theirs. You do know, when you marry someone, you marry their whole family, whether you want to or not.

Should be interesting with all the Dubs and ex-Dubs in the family.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit