My son is going to get married!!!!!

by StAnn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

If he had any sense, he'd save the money, elope to Vegas, and the first thing you'd know would be when he introduced his wife.

• StAnn
    StAnn

BTW, she's Korean and her parents don't speak English, so that will be interesting. She's bilingual, obviously. But because her parents are Korean, I really don't know what to expect from the ceremony.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

John Doe, if he had any sense, he'd know that eloping would get him killed. My other two children are mentally handicapped and will never marry. I have no daughters. He's the only child of mine who will ever have a wedding. He would not deprive me of the pleasure of seeing him get married. He knows that if he elopes, he may survive the beating I give him, but he'll definitely be cut out of the will.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

Thank you, ATJeff!

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe, if he had any sense, he'd know that eloping would get him killed. My other two children are mentally handicapped and will never marry. I have no daughters. He's the only child of mine who will ever have a wedding. He would not deprive me of the pleasure of seeing him get married. He knows that if he elopes, he may survive the beating I give him, but he'll definitely be cut out of the will.

StAnn, the wedding is not about you. Don't you feel the least bit selfish and manipulative?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ha! Are you kidding me? Until Christmas? No way! When is her birthday? Let's be realistic... hahahahah!!

Congratulations, Momma St. Ann! And congratulations to the happy couple... once they both know about it, that is...

*smile*

Love,
    Baba.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Baba, her birthday is in November! I think he's waiting until Christmas to have enough money saved to get her a nice engagement ring.

JD, selfish and manipulative? Me? No! It's not selfish to want to see my beautiful son's face the day he marries the woman he loves. I don't care if it's a simple ceremony but I definitely want to be there.

Re: manipulative, he hasn't mentioned eloping. You did. Besides, he loves a good party. There is a Packard museum in Dayton and they lease a very early Packard limo (with butane headlights, no less) and provide a driver. Smash (my son's nickname) has already told me that he'd love to have the Packard instead of a modern limo.

Fine with me.

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Re: manipulative, he hasn't mentioned eloping. You did. Besides, he loves a good party.

Oh, so it's about him now?

• StAnn
    StAnn

JD, I carried him for 9 months, was in labor for 10 hours, breast fed him for 6 months, changed his diapers for 3 and 1/2 years. He is a part of me, heart and soul. There will never be anything about him that doesn't touch me in some way. He has my DNA, he has my eyes, he has my heart.

St. Ann

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think the groom's parents also pay for the liquor at the reception, if you're going by tradition. Have her parents met your son yet? I've heard that the Korean culture isn't usually open to non-Korean mates for its children...really hope that's not true in this case. Congrats and good luck...grandkids rock, btw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit