My son is going to get married!!!!!

by StAnn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Hello, All -

My DS26 told me that he's getting his girlfriend an engagement ring for Christmas. How am I supposed to pretend until Christmas that I don't know?

BTW, yes, I'm sure she will say yes.

So today I was on the phone with my son, trying to find out what kinds of plans he has for his wedding and who is going to pay for it all. He said, "Mom, we won't get engaged until Christmas and then won't get married until next summer. That's a year away. What are you worried about?" I told him that he obviously doesn't know much about weddings if he thinks he can pull one together in only six months! He has to find a photographer and a hall and a caterer, etc. Often times, those necessities are booked up a year in advance. So I told him, the day after Christmas, we're going to start calling!!!

Anyway, as the mother of the groom, it is my understanding that I'm responsible for the rehearsal dinner, the guys' tuxes, and the limo. Is that correct?

He may not be planning yet, but I'm going to get started a little bit! I've already started a diet!

Woo hoo! First the wedding, then the grandbabies! I can't wait to be a grandma.

Oh, and they're planning on buying a house near wedding time so they can come back from their honeymoon to their own home together. And my son thinks he has plenty of time to plan all of this???

Someone calm me down before I become like those mothers on Bridezilla!

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe

Does anyone else find it weird he tells his mom 6 months before his wife?

• beksbks
    beksbks

NO!!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    NO!!

It ain't natural I tell ya.

• StAnn
    StAnn

He tells his mom because she keeps asking him, "So, when are you gonna marry that girl????" I think he got sick of hearing the question.

I like her. And they love eachother very much, so I'm very happy that they're going to be together. They're a great couple. They've been dating for three years.

I think it's sweet that he told me first.

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe
    He tells his mom because she keeps asking him, "So, when are you gonna marry that girl????" I think he got sick of hearing the question.

Ahah. I also found it odd he'd plan it six months in advance. Hmm, sounds like he's giving dear old mum what she wants to hear?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Besides, who else is going to go with him to help him pick out the engagement ring? He really wants to have a ring bought for when he pops the question. Of course, he can return it if she doesn't like it, but he wants to have something really special to give her when he's down on one knee.

Oh, I think I'm going to cry! My baby's getting married!

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe

Don't count your eggs before they're plopped.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Don't be a bridezilla, or whatever they call it for the moms... but CONGRATS!!!

• StAnn
    StAnn

"I also found it odd he'd plan it six months in advance."

Well, now, that's a little character flaw that we have. Absolutely NO spontaneity. We plan everything out to the last detail. We're a very efficient breed. And we're bargain hunters, so we have to start shopping early to get the very best deal.

On a more selfish note, he's been hearing my husband discuss buying a motorcycle, so he's probably trying to get the word "wedding" in my head so I'll make sure my husband doesn't spend the wedding money on a motorcycle! (We're a cash only kinda family. Another reason we have to plan everything in advance.)

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit