My son is going to get married!!!!!

by StAnn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Nbernat, I'm thinking no more than 50 people at the rehearsal dinner. The in-laws are Korean, my ex-husband and I are both Americans.

St. Ann

• nbernat
    nbernat

Oh interesting...not too familiar with that culture though but Asians tend to acclimate well to Americans as evidenced with the fact the sisters have all married American men. Does your $1500 estimate include the reception hall?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Re: tuxes, there's the groom and three groomsmen, the ring bearer. Budget is $1,000 for tuxes. Anybody I'm missing? Obviously, the parents will provide their own attire.

St. Ann

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now Ann! American is not an ethnicity! Anglo Saxon?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Now Ann! American is not an ethnicity!

American is what I always list on my census forms, thank you very much!

• StAnn
    StAnn

For the rehearsal dinner, I wasn't going to hold it in the reception hall. I thought we'd just go to a restaurant and have a room reserved. Do you think $30 a person will cover it?

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe
    JD - No.
    St. Ann

Reiterate Major Payne quote.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Beks is right. Is Korean an ethnicity or are they simply Asian?

I'm Scotch Irish (Is that Anglo Saxon Celtic?). My ex-husband is pure A$$hole.

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe

I would suggest that he either get married on her birthday or on Christmas. Economy of scale and all.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    My ex-husband is pure A$$hole.

Now that is the important part! They may want to take this into consideration when contemplating having children. I hear it can be genetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit