My son is going to get married!!!!!

by StAnn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Nothing would be open on Christmas. And all of the guests would want to be with their families on Christmas.

I know~I'm a summer baby. He could get married on MY birthday! (What would Major Payne say about that?)

St. Ann

• nbernat
    nbernat

I did the math and that's why it seemed $30 a plate was too much (in my opinion) to budget for a rehearsal dinner but not enough to budget for a hall as well so I think you're covered. I have helped plan some weddings and rehearsal dinners (or whatever JWs call them) at my Hall and I'm an expert with cake so if you have any questions about the wedding cake, I'm your guy. Lol.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe, nbernat, close the door and turn off the lights, Ann needs to go to bed!!!

Me too!

• StAnn
    StAnn

BTW, my ex-husband is an elder and his wife is a pioneer. Smash is DF'd (smoking) and most definitely won't be getting married in a church or a KH. Wonder if ex-husband is allowed to perform the wedding? He is ordained and has married people at the KH. Is he allowed to marry someone who is DF'd?

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe

I still say he's not going to propose, he's just trying to get dear old mum off his back.

• StAnn
    StAnn

nbernat, ooh, thanks! I'll keep you in mind as I do have cake questions. We'll have to PM about it.

And Beks is right, if I don't get to bed, I'll be driving the boys to school in the morning instead of putting them on the bus!

Good night, all!

St. Ann

• nbernat
    nbernat

Seeing as he is not even supposed to talk to him (especially in light of the new information in the Love book) I would see no reason why he would be allowed to marry him. And depending on the restaurant, I think you could reasonably get $25 per person. Good night StAnn! Good night Beksbks!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm simply amazed at all the money thrown down the toilet on weddings that could be put towards helping a young couple establish a life--something where they need help the most. Weddings are selfish, selfish, selfish.

• StAnn
    StAnn

JD, now you're just baiting me.

St. Ann

• John Doe
    John Doe
    JD, now you're just baiting me.

I'm being truthful Ann.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit