What are you reading right now?

by keyser soze 57 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Just finished "Siddhartha" by Hesse.

In the middle of Dante's "Inferno", Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment" and "The Buddhist's Bible" can't remember the author of that one.

BTW, I read the Elissa Wall book that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Frightfully familiar.

sooner

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Oh Yeah almost forgot.

Cycle World and Jp magazines

• four candles
    four candles

Always read Classic Rock magazine every month,but at the moment I'm reading a book called 'Last Shop Standing' by Graham Jones about the demise of record shops in the UK. It's a fascinating read.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I just finished a great book. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Infidel (means apostate) by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, one of the most hated women by radical Muslims. She narrates her own life story of how she grew up under incredible religious and gender oppression and survived a life of war, poverty, female genital mutilation, torture, brutality, and eventual expulsion from her family and religion.

Excellent read so far. It's also on the NY times best seller list.

Also, I'm still trying to finish ISOCF by Ray Franz, but that's a ghastly long book.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got two more books for my summer reading list:

Cthulhu 2000 - A spine-tingling collection of the macabre inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, and

The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Happy Reading!

Josie

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

J

ust finished "Siddhartha" by Hesse.
    The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.
    Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment"
    The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

I am humbled by the august literary company in which I find myself.............! Great! I have been trying for the past couple of years to upgrade my reading material - more classics and non-fiction interspersed with my usual escapist fare. You all inspire me!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Going over "A NEW EARTH" again.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am about to start 'The Family' by Ed Sanders, about Charles Manson & co.

I am already familiar with the events from Bugliosi's 'Helter Skelter', which had the motive for the murders as kick-starting Charlie's versions of Armageddon and Paradise, which, in hindsight, don't seem any more strange than Rutherford's.

I wonder how many Jehovah's witnesses of the 1940s would have run out of the Kingdom Hall doors, never to return, if Rutherford had issued them with Buck knives.

Cheers

Chris

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Engines of Creation 2.0, by Eric Drexler

This is a followup on his classic molecular nanotechnology book from the 80's.

Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson.

This is a novel heavy on cryptography. Basically, a historical fiction on the subject.

My Way of Life: TheSumma simplified for everyone. By Fr. Walter Farrell.

Basically, a simplified explanation of Thomas Aquinas Summa Theologica.

The Dirty Dozen: How Twelve Supreme Court Cases Radically Expanded Government and Eroded Freedom. By Robert Levy.

Self Explanatory.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit