What are you reading right now?

by keyser soze 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Leonard Cohen

Beautiful Losers

Second time around. Read it 30 years ago. Still insanely beautiful reading.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Besides this thread and others here on JWN, I am reading:

1) In Search Of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz

2) Principle-Centred Leadership by Stephen Covey

3) Permaculture: A Designer's Manual by Bill Mollison

4) Man O' War by Walter Farley

5) A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

I just finished reading "Farley Follows His Nose" by Lynn Johnston and Beth Cruikshank. Um... I like children's books. I am interested in the illustrations as well as the content. I'd love to write and illustrate books like this one day (maybe I just never grew up! ) .

I constantly read at work as most of our manuals, information, and education is online. I have to do our annual Safety Course soon as we manage large systems and a raised computer floor. I just finished reviewing and commenting on a draft of our IT Security Standards (talk about dry!). In the near future, I hope to read Michael J. Fox's 2 books "Lucky Man" and "Always Looking Up", "One-Straw Revolution" by Masanobu Fukuoka, "Ignorance, Thy Name Is Bucky: A Get Fuzzy Collection" by Darby Conley. At some point I would love to read all of the "Dune" books.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm not reading, but I've just borrowed an audiobook from my library called The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni.

It looks good, its about an Afghan boy who flees with his family to America when the Russians invaded in the 70's. It isn't a true story but is most likely based upon true experiences.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Atlas Shrugged and Patriot

I'm really not a conspiracy nut OK maybe a little bit.

• 504deist
    504deist

atlas shrugged

• mouthy
    mouthy

"Growing Up In Mamma's Club" By Richard E. Kelly
    an EX JW

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and a mystery novel.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity" by John W. Loftus

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Became-Atheist-Preacher-Christianity/dp/1591025923/

The author's blog is here:

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/

I highly recommend reading his "Outsider Test for Faith", which begins on page 66 of this book.

• Rosey
    Rosey

Ok I wasn't sure if I should post a reply to this as everyone else's answers sound so......civilised.......but....here goes.....

I've just finished reading another Richard Laymon book called "the glory bus".......this is not for the faint of heart or the easily offended or not very easily offended as all Richard Laymon books tend to be very gory, rude horrors.........I think maybe I like to be shocked.

Another book I have just finished reading is Martina Cole's The Business which was fantastic .....as are all Martina Cole books.......they all tend to centre around english gangsters but have a strong female character who throughout terrible hardships always gets the better of whoever or whatever is the enemy.

Minette Walters is also a good writer and of course Ben Elton's "dead Famous" and all his other books.

Rose x

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am still reading The God Delusion........it is taking me forever to get through this book.

Last Book I read is Testimony of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell, loved it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit