What are you reading right now?

by keyser soze 57 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Anything at all? I'm reading The Trial, by Franz Kafka. Pretty interesting read so far, though I'm only about 90 pages into it. It's about a man who is arrested, but no one will tell him what he's been charged with, or give him any information at all. Kind of disturbing, but thought-provoking at the same time.

How about you?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I loved the trial. I think they made a movie of it. I'm currently almost through Stephen King's Pet Sematary, and I'm also a couple of chapters into Catch 22.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I loved the trial. I think they made a movie of it. I'm currently almost through Stephen King's Pet Sematary, and I'm also a couple of chapters into Catch 22.

Catch-22 is a great book, my all-time favorite. Funny and poignant at the same time.

Yeah, there was a movie version of The Trial, starring Orson Welles. Haven't seen it, though.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm reading a thread titled "What are you reading right now"

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I'm reading a thread titled "What are you reading right now"

The author sounds like a literary genius.

• beksbks
    beksbks

He does have a way with words huh?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Damned yankees.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Taking The Emperor's Children on vacation. Maybe The Poisonwood Bible. Biking across Nova Scotia, Price Edward Island with only what I can carry in a pannier for three weeks - room for one or two books, max. It (they) better be good.

Currently finishing up Ruth Rendell Harm Done. Recently finished Young Men and Fire by Norman MacLean (A River Runs Though It), the story of the Mann Gulch fire. Fascinating.

So many good books, so little time.........

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Lammle's CCNA study guide. It's a real page turner.

Also, Heretics of Dune.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult... about a Prosecutor who prosecutes molesters and finds out her son is molested by their beloved priest and takes matters into her own hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit