Roll Call !!! I am going to reveal my name, anyone else DARE?

by Leprechaun 117 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Shane, I used to live in Rock Springs Wyoming and have actually been to the Roy, Utah congregation waaaay back when my dad used to be an elder and I accompanied him when he'd give a talk there.

Our congregation used to exchange speakers with the Salt Lake area congregations, many moons ago in the same circuit.

It's a small world, especially in Jehovahland, ain't it?

It's best to protect your privacy on the nasty old interwebs and not just because of the JWs.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Thanks (Mindmelda) did you know Robin M in Rock Springs? We used to be good buds.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

As far as being scared about using my name that is the lest of my worries, I have been almost dead so many times its a wonder god keeps me living, thanks for all the care and concern about my using my name for all the many reasons noted on this thread, I have studied law a lot and have many certificates to make me proud, so for me personaly I am not afraid folks. Really thanks.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHERE oh WHERE is the turn on in showing up to a mass ORGY as just plain you of the Dumb and Ugly Club?

Give us our masks, our personae, our sweeping gestures....

I'd rather that than the bible Reading or talk 4.

HB

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhhhh, LEPrechaun, if you must cut and paste - please use THIS one of my "Smileys" - or this - or this - or this - hmmm. Well, maybe not that one...

Or this -

Instead of my TRADEmark Bat-Girl - among others I like to use... MINE!!!! MINE!!!!! [Which is what I say to my dog - all of the time...]

If you're interested in picking up my particular type of "Smileys", you can click on this - junk mail tiny, sorry 'bout that - and get my style of "Smileys" for free - just make sure you have good virus and anti-spyware on your system first. I'm always deleting cookies from that smiley site...

Or you can click on my name, go to "Topics Started", look for "Smileys!", look thru that thread and pick out some other type of smileys - plus, there are several ads for free smileys that show up on the sidelines of that thread.

Not GRUMPY, exactly, just enjoyed being the only one - except for Outlaw - that had this particular batch of smileys. If you want to learn how to post your own pictures in your posts, you will have to join some site like "Photobucket", upload them there, then post from that site into your post - there's a tutorial - I think by "Baba Yaga" - under "Forum - Technical Support" that should help you figure it out...

Videos - on the other hand, are ridiculously easy to post - if from "YouTube" - just copy the (URL??) "address" and paste it into your post - the video won't show up UNTIL after you've 'submitted' it, however.

If you need to edit, the "pencil/paper" icon in the upper-right-hand corner of your post should allow you to do so - the options, however, vary. I've found that sometimes I can only edit once, whereas other times I can edit the same post 2-3-4 times and after more than an hour has elapsed.

Good luck. Zid P.S. Sonofagun, I just edited this again and it's been FIVE hours!!

Whoops! Since I'm back in here, forgot to say "Happy to send people to yer post, BAba Yaga - it was clear, helpful and informative!"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for the tip o'the hat, Ziddy!

Yep, here is the tutorial thread, Lep...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/tech-support/170489/1/How-to-Post-an-Image-on-JWN

Ziddy is right, you have to "host" the image from your computer to a site like Photobucket for it to show up. The reason your paste of Ziddy's showed up is because it is already hosted on the internet.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

it will be a long time before I'm that brave....

h4o

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

H4O didn't you post your picture on JWS a while back?

That took guts even if it was in the private section(members only)

plus others can go into the members only sections and copy peoples pictures to the public sections if they were

wanting to be mean. THats why i haven't posted any pics yet even in private sections.

I know of one friend from the hall that got busted by posted their pic on either Facebook or mighta been MySpace

(will have to check with them again) but someone copied their pic to public spaces and even put their name below it.

Anyways I admire anyone willing to just be themselves and not let the borg or even paranoia keep them from

shouting at the world. One day that may even come for me.

Regards,

StoneWall

• shamus100
    shamus100

This is NOT AMERICA. This is the internet. DUUUUH!!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Don't be silly, that's impossible. I can't reveal your name. Only you can! W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit