Roll Call !!! I am going to reveal my name, anyone else DARE?

by Leprechaun 117 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Hi. Dick Hertz here. I was disfellowshipped for fornication with several elder's wives."

Now is that a real name or a bad pun?

villabolo

• asilentone
    asilentone

We know Randy Watters, Barbara Anderson, Gary Busselman, etc.... They have nothing to lose.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Robert Paulson.

His name is Robert Paulson
    His name is Robert Paulson!
    His name is ROBERT PAULSON!
    His name is ROBERT PAULSON!
    HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!
    HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

John Doe, I see your body was found floating in a river yesterday. My condolences to your family.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe, I see your body was found floating in a river yesterday. My condolences to your family.

I made my point though, didn't I? With the information I posted, I came up with those things from the first hit of the first Google search. There was only one result for his name in Ogden, Utah. I would hope people will not be so careless with their personal information.

• asilentone
    asilentone

John Doe, I would not be paranoid like you, there is a facebook with all those names.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

John Doe says:

[ Has nothing to do with fear, Leprechaun, but rather, an abundance of caution. Consider your post. I have one Shane Draney from Ogden, Utah. With this information, I can easily obtain some geneology information, including mother and mother's maiden name, and father's name. With a little digging, I can determine city of birth, and then I can request a birth certificate from your home state. Once I have a birth certificate, I can "become" you with little trouble. Short of that, with name, address, and age information, I can open credit cards in your name. Call it paranoia if you want, but this is done every day. Let me repeat, giving your name and age on the internet is careless and is setting yourself up for trouble. ]

Ok, well if it is that is easy it then I guess we could just open any phone book in any town or use the internet for that matter to find names then begin doing as you outline, but I think if is that simple then I bet milliions of peolpe have already figgered it out, if not already, then they know now.

par·a·noi·a

(p ² r "… -noi "… ) n. 1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason. 2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you have nothing to lose and you want to tell people your name, that is your business, not mine.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ok, well if it is that is easy it then I guess we could just open any phone book in any town or use the internet for that matter to find names then begin doing as you outline, but I think if is that simple then I bet milliions of peolpe have already figgered it out, if not already, then they know now

You're damned right it's that simple. Read up on identity theft sometime. Another common source of personal information is mail that people throw away without shredding. You get a name, an address, and a date of birth, you've got all you need to wreck someone's life.

I also wear my safety belt when I go to town in my car. Does that mean I'm paranoid of car crashes and afraid of driving?

• asilentone
    asilentone

John Doe, you do not need to give us your DOB, your SS number, etc.. you will be fine if you have nothing to lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit