Can demons repent?

by heyfea 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

DEMONS DON'T EXIST SO IT'S LIKE ASKING IF THE EASTER BUNNY REPENTS

• VIII
    VIII

If you start at the beginning and say that Satan made a mistake, then some angels, then Adam & Eve, etc.

Which all leads to: Why didn't God just nix Satan and the Angels and start over? He's a smart guy (right?). Why put billions and billions of people, animals, angels, plants, etc. through all the agony all these years?

Because he made a boo-boo (by letting Satan remain to create havoc etc.) and didn't want to fix it then and there.

Just my *start over when your Souffle falls* frame of mind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'If you start at the beginning and say that Satan made a mistake, then some angels, then Adam & Eve, etc.'

Exactly. Satan and the demons also became imperfect. If only the imperfect can repent, then they can.

Whatistruth

I'm arguing hypothetically. Btw, the easter bunny never was perfect;) Rabbits that lay eggs a little messed up.

S

• parakeet
    parakeet
    DEMONS DON'T EXIST SO IT'S LIKE ASKING IF THE EASTER BUNNY REPENTS

True. I'm an atheist and don't believe that demons, God, angels, etc., exist. I just enjoy being the nonexistent-devil's advocate and discuss these ideas using their own internal logic (such as it is).

I haven't made up my mind about the Easter Bunny yet. Those candy and egg baskets have to come from somewhere, you know.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Parakeet,

"And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor [of charred innocent animal corpses], the Lord said in his heart, 'I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I ever again destroy every living creature as I have done.'"

Who ever wrote that must have loved barbique,, And felt that's gota be one of Gods favorites too. I really think the picture these ancient writers had of God was that of a mean tempered man walking about smelling things and smashing things with his fist and saying things in his heart,, Giving God man thoughts and actions ,, they being made in his image and all. It is easy to see the transference from mans thoughts becomeing gods thoughts. Oh that pleasing odor of burnt sacrafice.

• parakeet
    parakeet
    frankiespeakin: Giving God man thoughts and actions ,, they being made in his image and all.

I'm beginning to think that those demons didn't rebel. They walked out in disgust. They're probably picketing right now at the gates of heaven with signs that say, "Unfair labor practices," "Hostile working environment," "Kinder treatment for humans," "Nobody likes a tyrant."

• Caedes
    Caedes

Yes they can, I know, I played a risen demon paladin in a game of D&D!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Did you ever play Sims City? You create these cities and before you know it the citizens are launching rockets and doing other things. What are they going to learn if you constantly interfere with their decisions? I believe all angels and humans will eventually repent. I mean that they will realize the things they've done to hurt themselves and others and decide not to do hurtful things anymore.

• heyfea
    heyfea

WOW. Thanks for all your replies.

There was a statement made that Satan cannot repent because he was perfect when he made his decision to sin. If this is true, then it means that no matter how long a time goes by, Satan will not come back to God. Therefore, in that case, why did God allow Satan into His congregation of angels in heaven? Could there be an indication that perhaps Satan was given a time frame to change his ways?

• restrangled
    restrangled

I thought Eve was "deceived"!????? So why wasn't she forgiven? Or was she subject to the patriarchal attitude that what her husband decided to do she would also be found guilty of?

It doesn't make any sense.

Edited to add this quote:

Repentance is for imperfect humans. A perfect creature's actions cannot be mistaken. Unlike humans, they rebelled against God with the full knowledge of the import of their actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit