Can demons repent?

by heyfea 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Ummm, no He didn't. He repented that He had made man, then drowned them.

• parakeet
    parakeet
    Dawg: He repented that He had made man, then drowned them.

"And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor [of charred innocent animal corpses], the Lord said in his heart, 'I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I ever again destroy every living creature as I have done.'"

In other words, oops! God goofed! The bestest, most perfectest god of them all wiped out nearly every living thing because he forgot to take into account man's evil nature. And he had no excuse whatever for the billions of animals he saw fit to drown.

Sure doesn't sound like God had a "full knowledge of the import of [his] actions" before he turned the earth into a bathtub.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wait... God goofed?

Like I said... the whole concept of perfection (and omnipotence, for that matter) creates too many crumbling "absolutes".

• parakeet
    parakeet
    BabaYaga: Wait... God goofed?

Yes indeedy, BabaYaga. And not the first time. Dawg says God repented creating humans in the first place. So I'm guessing he didn't have "full knowledge" of the import of that action, either.

God's scoreboard: Hits -- 0, Runs -- 0, Errors -- 2 (so far).

• parakeet
    parakeet

BabaYaga: The literal meaning of sinning is "missing the mark"; well how can one miss a mark if one is perfect? Methinks they are mis-using the word "perfect".

Some gods are more perfect than other gods (apologies to Orwell).

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

I particularly admire John Wesly, who is to me a true Saint. His Free Grace discourse is beautiful.

BTS

Only trouble is, his "Free Grace" isn't free.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No, because Jeho is a mean SOB and there is no reconciliation if you hurt his feeling. If you cross him and you were once on his list of friends you get your head(spiritual or fleshly) stumped into the ground.

He has devised some of the most excruciating ways to go and just like an elephant he never forgets to repay vengeance. Hey remember, this is the guy that is going to kill off 99.9% of the earth population for the simple fact they have not joined the right religion, and lets not forget Lot's wife who became a pillar of salt for the simple reason she disobeyed and looked back at her home as it was being torched.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor [of charred innocent animal corpses], the Lord said in his heart, 'I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I ever again destroy every living creature as I have done.'"

The other thing I love about this scripture is that God doesn't come right out and say he goofed, nor does he offer an apology (posthumously) to the millions of people and animals he killed. Who else do we know that never says they're wrong, never offers an apology for the misery they cause by their mistakes, and blames the victims for what happened to them?

The WTS? Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!!! A free T-shirt to the parakeet!

The T-shirt reads "The Watchtower Society: They learned how to ruin lives from the very best."

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

it makes most sense that only imperfect humans can repent - due to their imperfection.

that is why i was always taught adam and eve couldnt simply repent due to their actions not being able to be mistaken for disobedience.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yabutt, when they sinned, they became imperfect. So, in the imperfect state, could they not realize that they made a mistake and repent?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit