AGAIN with the college bashing

by Pistoff 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

HiddenQuestioner:

Ya, it is really making me angry as well. It is so outrageously over the top, and toxic, that it really deserves a response of some sort.

P

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    The most disturbing for me was this: Those who choose college will not get blessings from Jehovah

This is just tooooo rich. My SIL is a teacher, current JW and as far as I know still working on his masters. Does this mean that despite his shunning of us to remain a good JW, that his college attendance actually puts him in the same category? No blessings for either of us then? Now - that's rich. sammieswife.

• orbison11
    orbison11

i wonder, when ted had his stroke, did those around him phone to find a hospital that only had people who did not

college, let alone not attend university?

i think not

orb

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL @ orbison.

This attitude towards education is truly objectionable and self serving. I agree that it is not smoking, drugs or immorality they are worried about, rather critical thinking skills are the real danger. Danger for the WBTS that is. Salvation to the cultist.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I never had college, I worked myself to make a good wage.

I'll tell you what, everytime I got layed off, and had to hand in resumes..... the majority never got a call back.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Drugs, drinking and sex are "rampant" at colleges

A few years ago when I was still "in" my daughters were young teens.

• A large % of the witnesses in my hall were functioning alchoholics.
    • The School overseer (a 30 something elder) was molesting all the young girls ages 8-12 (He committed suicide when caught)
    • I was addicted to pain killers to get through the days of service, prayer, association and meditation (spam)

My oldest daughter heads off to an Ivy League in the fall and my other daughter will be a senior. I beleive with all my heart that they will not be exposed to anything worse than they lived when we were going to meetings. At least the organization already exposed them to drugs, drinking and sex

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I am thankfull for this clear position of WTBS on education:

What better proof WTBS is a cult you can get?

It is so clear when you listen to some talks on college/education they are just a mind controlling cult... I use it a lot in discussions with my JW wife - there is nothing she can say on that...

Discouraging people from getting education ... just think - why do they say it??? It is so clear .... Why did communist regimes persecute educated people ? ... sending them to labor camps??? The more education you have, the more questions you ask, the more difficult it is to control you ... It is so clear!!!!!

Rank and File: You do not need education! Be stupid, ask no questions and believe whatever we say!!!

Albert

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Chilling but true. I'm in my third year of univ, graduating magna cum laude next month, never been asked to a kegger or orgy even once, dammit . Conversations b/w classes seems to revolve around--okay, brace yourselves--COURSE WORK AND SUMMER JOBS!! AAGH!! Pass me the earplugs!!!!

• llbh
    llbh

Cadelin, and therein lies the truth of what happens at college most of the time, and in my experience too. Not at all like the wts deliberately and erroneously portrays

David

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

graduating magna cum laude next month,

Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit