AGAIN with the college bashing

by Pistoff 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• boyzone
    boyzone

Passwordprotected

Remember, the CO outline last year presented the scenario that any appointed men who approve of their kids going to college and recommend it as an option* to anyone else would be removed from their position.

Were you still an elder when this talk was given? Have you a copy of the outline that can pe posted here?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This is a religious cult that substantiates and maintains its existences off of people contributing their time to maintain it.

Many cults like this operate in this fashion and some I might add are even more adamantly against their members from going to

a worldly university or collage, so lets not just single out the JWS for doing this.

Its pure hypocrisy in many ways for the simple reason that these cults use and exploit the high education system that is in operation

today. Foe example the the elaborate and expensive printing presses that the WTS. use to print their bullshit on was designed by

well educated engineers, the brand new cars that the GB members use at their avail were also made by well educated engineers.

The well trained cardiologists that are keeping a GB member alive in a hospital right now are highly educated.

And the list goes on and on .... and lets not forget the high educated lawyers that the WTS have paid to work for the them

in the courts. Hence a high level of education is very beneficial when needed, but just when we need it, not the R & F.

• Bonnie_Clyde
  • Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't know how long some of you have been associated with JWs. But 36- 37 years ago, as I was fading rapidly, the talks at assemblies and from the platform were exactly what you are reporting now. Of course, this was back in 1972-73 when the world was only going to be around for 2 more years. I'm not sure what they've been saying in the years since but it doesn't sound like anything new to me at all. Out of the kids my age at the KH, I was the only one that went to any kind of college. On my JW side of the family I was the first person to ever attend an academic colllege. Only a few of my many cousins that were younger than me have gone to and graduated from college. It is still "looked down upon" within my JW family.

This is all about control and keeping the membership poor and needy and dependent on the WBTS. This is more important to them than having members that can think.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

GB set themselves up as a god and assumed a position of a god. They imply that what they say is what Jehovah wants and by such they assumed God's name. GB are the worst of the worst and mislead so many young ones who are just learning to think for themselves. In fact GB limits young ones from thinking for themselves as they compare any free thinker to Satan. GB is scum of the earth in my books and I wish every person would see them for what they are.
    Education is important because people become less ignorant to the BS coming down from people around them, be it religious leaders, politicians or whoever else they/we may be in contact with. Educated people are more likely to have a better sense of reason and have their minds more developed to question certain actions or practices and these aspects of mental wellness are a big no no for GB. Anyone not brain dead can see GB for the deceivers that they are.
    Best thing to happen would be if WT got taxed on everything they do and forced to pay proper wages to all those working for them including volunteers at the KH builds. - I guess I'm dreaming here :)

• VM44
    VM44

Here is one of the worst GB offenders concerning college-bashing.

Mr. "Don't study Computer Science, be a plumber!" David Splane.

Anyone noticed that his head is bullet shaped?

• loosie
    loosie
    Drugs, drinking and sex are "rampant" at colleges

I don't have a degree (yet) But the place I worked at for the last 5 years was worse than any college I have heard off. Everyone was sleeping with everyone else and every friday and saturday were drunk fests.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Even back in the early 70s there was plenty of sex and drinking going on among the JW kids at my KH. I can think of 4 girls that got pregnant out of wedlock. Others were quite open about the sex they were having with their "worldly" boyfriends at school. Booze, drugs, pills. They were all doing it with their school friends. Not a lot of socializing among the kids at my KH. Everyone hung out with their school friends.

Only one girl around my age continued on in life as a JW. She propbably has never gotten drunk in her life and probably married while still a virgin. I hope she is happpy because she's been stuck for a long time and Armageddon's not here yet!

• Kudra
    Kudra

There was way more drug use going on with the kids at the KH than I ever encountered with the groups I hang out with in college.

Kids at college are (mostly) self-directed kids who are trying to learn something and better themselves in life.

Kids at the KH were (mostly) lazy, skating along on some part time job waiting for the new system to come. Nothing going on in their life, so why NOT get involved with drugs and alcohol.

Also: Homerovah the Almighty: I like reading your posts but your font is always soooo tiny and it makes it hard to get through thte paragraphs :(

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ boyzone;

Yes, I was still an elder. No, no copy of the outline. No one gets those outlines other than the traveling overseers, I'm afraid. There was a lot of discussion about this when it happened last year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit