Tony's life story

by life is to short 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

So I finally read Tony's life story and this one point really hit me where he was talking about his son's. On page 7 he say's "because they made the truth their own, they make Susan and me look good." Really! So those who children leave the "truth" look bad?

This does not even begin to touch on the fact that HE HAD KIDS! Especially so close to 1975. I was told that I SHOULD NEVER HAVE KIDS in this worldly system, Woe the pregnant women and yad, yad, yad. I was only about 12 years old in 1975 but I clearly remember the warning about not having kids. So Tony disobeyed and had children when so many obeyed and did not have kids when they really wanted to but now Tony gets to look good?

It really is like a gut punch to read that. I wanted kids like crazy but I was told that I could have them in the new system, I needed to obey. But all that really matters is Tony looks good.

LITS

• Divergent
    Divergent

It's obvious that Tony is highly conceited & egoistic from the comment that he made. What kind of person would say such a thing???

Anyway, one thing is for sure - Tony makes Jehovah look bad!!!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    "because they made the truth their own, they make Susan and me look good."

And they both avoid tight fitting pants manufactured by homosexuals for eye candy even in private so that they look before Jehovah his imaginary friend and don't make him get all disgusted

• millie210
    millie210

Tony just insulted every parent who has had a child leave the "truth".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I won't be reading Tony's story because I made a 2011 New Year's Resolution to not read Watchtower garbage. I am not so ridged that I won't look at a thing or two, but reading their articles or viewing their videos in their entirety just makes me upset, so I don't do it.

So those who children leave the "truth" look bad?

I am sure that statement is intentional. It is a way to belittle anyone they wish to whose children did not stay in the religion, and it further emphasizes the need to make your children follow the rules and to break their spirit of "independence."

I was told that I SHOULD NEVER HAVE KIDS in this worldly system, Woe the pregnant women and yad, yad, yad. I was only about 12 years old in 1975 but I clearly remember the warning about not having kids.

You were correct in your understanding, but they must embrace those that didn't obey as fully as you because children are the only recruits they seem to get these days.

You are experiencing the two-faced speaking of Jehovah's Witnesses and their leaders. They can elevate themselves with the same actions that demote others. You and your husband were low-level members. Perhaps, at the congregation level, you could have experienced double standard blessings if you remained seemingly in line with the leaders, but you must not question them for even that to happen.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So I finally read Tony's life story and this one point really hit me where he was talking about his son's. On page 7 he say's "because they made the truth their own, they make Susan and me look good."

Tony like to look good..

And..

He`s Got JW Donation Money To Do It With..

............Image result for Watchtower donations.................Image result for Watchtower anthony morris

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know what you are saying OTWO. Just reading that story makes my blood boil, What he says is just so stupid. Like the guy who studied with him was "Brother Gardner but he affectionately called him Jim". Why isn't that just precious. Tony calls him Jim. It brought tears to my eyes to read that. But wait isn't Jim short for James and don't most of the people named James go by the nickname Jim. Silly me to ask such stupid questions.

Or like where he says he was homeless for "a few days" another total tear jerkier of a story. Well "Jim" found out and got Tony in touch with 'a sister who owned a boarding house. Tony really believes that Jehovah used Jim and that dear sister to provide a nice place for him to stay.' Isn't that so sweet. Tony says that 'Jehovah takes care of his faithful worshipers.'

It just brought such tears to my eyes to read that. It was just like when I prayed my brains out for Jehovah to help me and I got NOTHING! Like the time I moved out of my abusive parents home and there was a sister who lived across the street from me but she refused to take me to the meetings because I did not have enough money to give her for gas. I was just 18 years old at the time and dirt poor she was in her 50's. I walked five miles one way while she drove her empty car to the hall, and at the time in the city I lived in there was a rapist that the police had not caught raping young women my age and the police were begging young women to not go out at night alone. Oh well I guess Jehovah did not let me get raped so that was how He cared for me.

There were so many, many, many times I begged Jehovah for help and NOTHING. Like the time the guy in the hall threatened to kill my husband and I and I begged to go to the police but Bethel said NO! We were not to bring Jehovah's name into it and going to the police would so NO police period. Or the time we were robbed at gun point while at Bethel and we asked if we could switch halls as I was so freaked out. Again Bethel said NO!

I guess I just don't have the in with Jehovah that Tony does.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short
    Your spot on Outlaw
  • stillin
    stillin
    Boy, 1/3 of the Angels really make Jehovah look bad.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Tony says, " My kids are just the most wonderfullist bestesusis kids ever ".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit