New Guidelines for this Forum - Please take notes

by BonaFide 47 Replies latest social humour

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

We are happy to inform you of some rule changes on this forum. We do not want to give the impression they are rules, so we will use the term guidelines.

At present, some are using this forum to express their own opinion. If you have been on this forum for less than 2 years, would it be the wise course to express your opinions? Wouldn’t it be a wiser course to allow those of us with more than 2 years experience to express our opinions?

In this way, you who are new can learn! What a privilege that would be!

And in addition, some are making posts and comments that are long. Would it not be the mature decision to limit our posts to 10 words or less? This shows maturity and humility on our part. Surely we do not think that we know better than the long-time posters? Sadly, some posters with less than a years experience on this forum have “jumped ahead” by expressing their own opinion.

In future, we will ask two of our posters who have been members for more than 2 years to have an on-line chat with the offender. This is not to discourage them, but to help them to see the wrong course they are taking by expressing their own opinion or by typing more than 10 words. After meeting online with the offender, the two posters will make a determination whether this person can continue on this forum if he is “remorseful.” After that private online meeting, the two posters will inform us of their decision.

If he is not remorseful, then he or she will be denied access to this forum. This is the loving thing to do.

Let us all rejoice in these new arrangements for the benefit of JWN!

Many are already rejoicing at the new provision in having us all share the same avatar, and all of us having a number instead of a username. This will no doubt promote unity.

May we all do our utmost to support those with 2 years or more experience by accepting their opinions without questioning! This will show our love for this site, and for one another.

We continue to rejoice with you,

JWN Elite

BF

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Definitely the funniest (and saddest post) I've read. How many times I've heard something in a meeting or at a convention and just ...... not thought at all. Now that I think for myself I'm embarrassed to have ever been apart of subjugating others thinking or conscience. Thanks for the humour it helps. Allelsefails (like when all else fails try something that makes sense?)

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

OOps I just got a call about my last post, but I might be OK because my dad is a long-time poster.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

What a privilege that would be!

LOL

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

Questions.

Paragraph 1-2. What is the wise course to follow when commenting on the forums?

Paragraph 3-4. Why is it best to limit your comments to under 10 words? What have some inexperienced publishers posters been guilty of?

Paragraph 5. How does the FDS JWN encourage those less experienced?

Paragraph 6. How do we show our love to unremorseful rulebreakers?

Paragraph 7-11. How can we show our support for the leaders of this community?

/giggle

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

outback, I love your questions. Wow, how many of those have I answered in my lifetime.

BF

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

What scares me, is that I haven't picked up a publication in over 19 years, and I am sure they are still the same kind of questions at the bottom of every page. :) It's great to be free!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Nice one.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

LMAO

BonaFide I want you to know that I had just glanced over this site one more time as a visitor before bed to see

if there was anything much happening. I wasn't even going to bother with logging in as a member.

Then I came across this thread and started laughing. It made me want to log in to tell ya how much I appreciated it.

Are you sure you didn't at one time used to work on the writing committee or service committee up in Crooklyn ?

Keep up the good work BF,

StoneWall

• yesidid
    yesidid

Paragraph 1-2. What is the wise course to follow when commenting on the forums? No opinions

Paragraph 3-4. Why is it best to limit your comments to under 10 words? Humility

What have some inexperienced publishers posters been guilty of? Immaturity

Paragraph 5. How does the FDS JWN encourage those less experienced? Grilling session

Paragraph 6. How do we show our love to unremorseful rulebreakers? Disfellowshipping

Paragraph 7-11. How can we show our support for the leaders of this community? Obedience.

TEN WORDS

Of course, I, being a mature, experienced poster, don't have to follow the rules for the riff-raff.

But I thought it would show my maturity and of course, humility.

So I am both faithful and discreet.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit