Watchtower July 15th - womanly submission issue scan

by dozy 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dinah
    dinah

I've been out for over 20 years.....not a word of that WT study has changed.

Also, according to the WT, I suck at being a submissive wife.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Dina, sorry to hear that, "suck at being a submissive wife". I bet your hubby dd take advantage of your submssiveness in same way we will deny an Elder previledge of recieving double honor from us if he is not working as harder as would be expected. I think a woman's submissiveness is conditional to his Hubby's being respectful of what his creator expects him to behave. Anything short of that will stir resentment. Please, what do you think about that?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sometimes I will override my husband, sometimes he will override me. Neither one of us is over the other, we're partners and we both co-parent our kids like a united front. That being said I will make decisions concerning the kids and consult my husband after - he trusts me to do so just like I trust him.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I wish they'd realise that the headship idea just doesn't work. Well, maybe for a small minority of people who naturally fall in to those pre-assigned roles. Others, and I'm speaking from experience, just don't fit in to those notions of submissive wife/decisive husband and the pain of trying to can be hard to bare.

Thankfully that's all behind me now!

• dozy
    dozy

There does seem to have been a recent push by the WTS against what they perceive as women "pushing ahead." and not being submissive. At our convention , we got a directive from Brooklyn that sisters were no longer to be used in car parking duties as they weren't to be "directing " brothers. It caused chaos as half the volunteers were sisters.

• llbh
    llbh

The WTS is misogynist. To demean another person in this way purely because they happen to be female is awful. To say this adds to marital harmony is for most part utter rubbish. I have known many woman who have subsumed themselves mostly to their, and their families detriment.

I met a lady the other day who is still in - just - and and said that the she is trying to repair the last 25 years of her life, this because she has gone along with the wts view of woman, and her hubby ( god love him) has exercised his headship.

It was so so sad, and as i have now discovered typical.

It is all about control pure and simple. And btw many men outside the wts are just as controlling.

David

• Heaven
    Heaven

This is why I could never, EVER be a JW! This whole 'submission' thing caused an enormous breakdown in my family. And my Mom died because of it. When my folks were moving, one of their JW brothers was asking the others why 'Headship' wasn't working in his marriage. I bit my tongue BIG time then since these people were being kind enough to help out my parents. I could have said a lot. By the mere fact that he is asking that question proves that it's a load of BS!

I am a single woman and have my own house. So who is the head of my household then? Heaven

• StAnn
    StAnn

aarggh! I just signed a permission slip for our son to go on a field trip with his class! I forgot to get my husband's permission! Am I going to be killed at Armageddon??? Oh, woe is me for overriding my husband's headship!

(Adjusting my apron and heading back to the kitchen to cook and clean.)

St. Ann

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at St Ann.

Hi, David.

So good to see you!

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

Hi David! Where have you been?

Hmmmm, everytime my kids want to do anything they just ask me. If they ask Mr. Dinah he says "Go ask your mother"

*shrugs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit