Watchtower July 15th - womanly submission issue scan

by dozy 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
  • dozy
    dozy

Sorry - made a bit of a mess of page 2 - I'll upload it again sometime.

So back to the fifties with the WTS:

JW wives never to:

Contradict husband in front of children. If she disagrees with him , to discuss it in private.

Give any permission to a child where parental authority is required before child discusses with her husband.

If family is thinking of moving or husband (of course) changing his job , it would be "beneficial & kind" that husband considers his wifes views so that he can arrive at balanced , more considerate decision that she can support.

Picture of wife in apron (barefoot and pregnant , perhaps?) points son to father sitting reading magazine when a parental decision is required.

• chickpea
    chickpea

speaking from personal experience...
    my husband's favourite words were
    "go ask your mother".... even in response
    to the "no thou shalt not XYZ for the
    b0rg sayeth it is not to be done" questions
    about overnights with "worldlies" or movies
    or whatever the hell it was they had us walking
    on eggshells about.... total abdication of "headship"

• snowbird
    snowbird

I always thought the WT got lost in the 50's.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

The ones who write these articles are from the 50's...but many jw women play the passive/aggressive game.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Blondie,

Please, what do you mean by that statement: " many JW women play the passive/aggressive game"

Scott77

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they mean is that the wife and children are property. I don't understand how anyone can ever attract a wife if that's the way they are going to be treated in that organization.

• blondie
    blondie

Many jw women aren't like the image of the one wearing an apron, and running to hubbie to see if they can buy some gum. Just like in other families, many women make the decisions and the husband rubber stamps it and knows that life at home will be better when he does. They are just good at making sure the outward image fits the WTS model.

I have known women to

a) write their husband's talks

b) do the KH accounts and recording time and inventorying publications

Anything to help their husband "progress" in receiving "privileges."

One sister died and the brothers could not figure out why the husband's talks were so bad, chalking it up to grief did not hack it.

Women are very skilled at manipulating men and making men think it was their idea all along.

Blondie (who never plays that game with her hubbie)

• Scott77
    Scott77

Aha, Blondie,

Thanks alot for clarifying and expanding on it. I like this piece of yours. I give it more weight since Blondie too is a female one. However, I am perplexed as to what the WTWizzard means by the statement: 'children and wife are perperty' I think, there is more to the truth that what that writter implies.

• minimus
    minimus

The Organization teaches that females have their place. A mother must never make a decision without first definetly knowing what her head, her husband, decides on a matter. IF a mom THOUGHT she knew what her husband's position was on a matter and it turned out that she was wrong, how disasterous that would be!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit