How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• journey-on
    journey-on

How do I feel? I get flashbacks to when I was a little girl, wearing a dress, bare legs, and freezing to death in the winter for two hours while my mother went door to door in the magazine work...then going back to the car group and smelling everybody's odors and breath in close quarters while being squeezed between two big people. No seat belts back then...cram them in like sardines!

• reniaa
    reniaa

actually I will give a personal experience I used to love it, I went on the doors with my nana, my nana loved her scriptural debates on the door, this was when people were not scared of talking to others and would see talking on the door as something interesting.

I remember her having a lively debate with a church organists, they both were bright eyed and flicking through the bible, my nana liked using the king James for those that had them.

I enjoyed listening to people talk about God and their lifes, many a time my Nana would lend a listening ear to some lonely persons life, you never know what would come from it.

I loved reading the bible as a child my favourite scripture as a child was psalm 83:18 in king james bible, that I could show people in their bibles that God had a name. I always knew this was something important as a child I didn't resent the couple of hours a week I did, when we got back the TV and kids programs would be on or the tent in the garden would be up for me to go play in with my younger sisters. I never felt like I missed out just had an added bit of doing work for God as well in my childlike way but the rest of the time other than those couple of hours I was a normal child.

Some days we'd do the couple of hours and then goto to a kind sisters house for refreshments and chatting, kids played in the garden and we got biscuits and cold drink or hot depending on the day. one sister did tea and toast which was lovely.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I get to see them on their coffee breaks at a little cafe I go to. It is always such an unusual site: Several women of varying ages dressed in tacky or frumpy ill-fitting outfits (whatever happened to the rule about dressing like the "business community") and usually one man, all decked out in a well-tailored (but not expensive) suit, "holding court" with the gals. My friend always says something like, "oh, a field trip from the compound, today, I see..."

I know it's wrong (I mean technically incorrect), but it's still funny as hell when she lets one of her Big Love remarks roll around the elder and his "harem."

Shoshana

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, guess what? You don't get to post on this thread. The question is "How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?". As you're still an active JW, and thus go out in the ministry (no doubt including your many hours spent on here winding us up), you're not qualified to talk about how we feel.

Seriously, get a clue. Have you any idea the amount of offense you're causing? Do you get perverse pleasure from it?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

iknowall -you seriously need to consider whether you still want your kids to go to that school. It's not good for your mental health.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Reniaa why don't you get off this thread and don't post another comment!!!!!

Your little "story" about going out in the ministry is not making any of us go all dewy-eyed because this is forum where EX- witnesess post not a reminiscent look back at the halcyon years in the ministry.

You are offending me by posting absolute crap like that.

You as usual are off topic!!!!! Did you read the thread title????????

why don't you read what pass said again ? YOU DON'T GET TO POST HERE. BUTT OUT.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Reniaa, guess what? You don't get to post on this thread. The question is "How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?". As you're still an active JW, and thus go out in the ministry (no doubt including your many hours spent on here winding us up), you're not qualified to talk about how we feel.

Forgive me passwordprotected, I empathise with your sentiments but the question does not appear to preclude active JWs from posting IMHO. This place is for free speech, good and bad, wise and foolish, true or false.

More importantly, are we to welcome JWs here, encourage them to stick around and hopefully get to see their eyes opened?

Else shoot them down at every opportunity because they represent the WT&BTS?

If we go for the former route, are we to debate with truth and love, even if we have to be very patient and bite our lips from saying harsh words sometimes?

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Proverbs 18:19-21 (New Century Version)

19 A brother who has been insulted is harder to win back than a walled city,
    and arguments separate people like the barred gates of a palace.

20 People will be rewarded for what they say;
    they will be rewarded by how they speak.

21 What you say can mean life or death.
    Those who speak with care will be rewarded.

All the best,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..You guy`s are funny!!......As annoying as Reniaa is.....She has every right to post here,untill she breaks the rules.....She has`nt done that......However..She still has`nt answered my Questions on the Oral Sex Public Talk Thread........Reniaa..I`m Waiting!!...................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I feel glad that I'm not them.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Chalam I've commended you on another thread for your kind patient attitude towards the artist formerly known as Reniaa, But you I assume have never been a JW?

This is a thread asking people how they feel when they see JWs engage in a ministry which ex members know is deeply flawed in it's message and ultimately destructive to those who have been affected by this cult.

Reniaa comes on this thread and posts AN EXPERIENCE FROM THE MINISTRY!!!!!!!! like we could care.

I'm sorry but does this person have no sensitivity?

It is offensive to me.

Imagine a forum to help people who had been sexually assaulted. And in the middle of a thread a person posts that they actually quite enjoyed carrying out sexual assaults.

Crass?

Insensitive?

Deeply offensive?

All of the above?

Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit