How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

Initial reaction: relief, though after a moment or two I do feel a little compassion and pity for them. Compassion for those who don't want to be there but can't find a way out of it. Pity for those who think they really are working their way to the reward of everlasting life.

Unless I see them coming up my walkway. Then I feel anger...

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I feel like striking them.

• Twitch
    Twitch

always a good question,...

what Undercover said

On one level, it reminds me that yes, all things considered, it's good to live in a free country where people can believe, go and for the most part, do as they please. I enjoy the right and I know that it extends to them as well regardless of how I personally feel about it and I'm ok with that. They no longer have a hold on me. I feel no different looking at a pack of dubs than a herd of born agains; they're just hardcore. Whatever. Too bad they have some whacked policies and practises of which we're all aware of; all in all they're relatively small fry in the larger picture, thank god :)

As for being called upon, I avoided them for the longest time, had a phase of engaging them in debate for a time but have settled into a regimen of being "not interested" and continuing on with the mornings activities. On occasion I might engage a bit of a repartee but it depends on who's calling and if I've had my coffee yet. All in all, no biggee; preach on brother

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    All in all, no biggee; preach on brother

Really?! Doesn't bother you that they are putting lives at risk? Tearing families apart? Ruining childhoods and stifling higher education?

C'mon now . . .

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

When I see them now, I always think they look braindead and unhappy - just acting out a role, anxious to scuttle away.

However..She still has`nt answered my Questions on the Oral Sex Public Talk Thread........Reniaa..I`m Waiting!!...................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Lol Outlaw - the only questions JWs are confident of 'knowing' the answers to are those at the bottom of a Watctower page - as the answer is in the above text

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I'd have to actually see it. In five years out I have only seen Jw's in the d2d once - and I am out and about daily. In my neighborhood I have seen them precisely never in the same five years.

I do see the cars at the hall nearly every day. I assume that more time can be counted if one just starts driving all over the county [this congo has a large rural area around the town] and spend 30 minutes between calls gossipping instead of witnessing. Five 'calls' in three hours is probably the best way to do it - I suppose if one works it right they might not even have to get out of the car some days.

If I ever see them I will let you know.

Jeff

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

JWs are allowed to ask certain questions. They permissable questions for a JW are at the bottom of the page. And the answers are in the paragraph.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Really?! Doesn't bother you that they are putting lives at risk? Tearing families apart? Ruining childhoods and stifling higher education?

C'mon now . . .

"what Undercover said"

I do feel a mix of compassion, pity and/or contempt sometimes depending on who I might see (old=should know better, young=doesn't) but it doesn't bother me past initial reaction. I don't bear a grudge anymore.

Theirs isn't the only injustice in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit