How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hobo Ken..Once again you make a good point..Reniaa is once again Off Topic..Just as she was on the "Oral Sex Public Talk Thread".....I`m still waiting for a reply there.....It is obvious Reniaa is trying to Derail Threads by switching Topics..That is Blatent Troll Behaviour.............If it happens enough..The Mods have every right to take action.................Posting Guidelines..Rule number#10:"Posting an off-topic comment.".................................OUTLAW

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

OUTLAW it shows as you correctly state that she's on a trip here. Not really interested in what the thread is actually about or the suitability of her posting on it.

Serving her own selfish purposes and gratifying her mind that she has "the truth" by shooting all of her opposers down with her NIV which she deigns to use for our humble selves.

She cuts from one thread to the next, never really answering any direct questions asked of her , like a junkie looking for their next hit.

Very sad.

• garybuss
    garybuss

How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

I realize that ya can't underestimate the work ethic of a moron.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hobo Ken-Chalam I've commended you on another thread for your kind patient attitude towards the artist formerly known as Reniaa, But you I assume have never been a JW?

Correct.

This is a thread asking people how they feel when they see JWs engage in a ministry which ex members know is deeply flawed in it's message and ultimately destructive to those who have been affected by this cult.

I empathise. I have been around here long enough and know enough JWs to understand your pain somewhat.

Reniaa comes on this thread and posts AN EXPERIENCE FROM THE MINISTRY!!!!!!!! like we could care.

I'm sorry but does this person have no sensitivity?

It is offensive to me.

Imagine a forum to help people who had been sexually assaulted. And in the middle of a thread a person posts that they actually quite enjoyed carrying out sexual assaults.

Crass?

Insensitive?

Deeply offensive?

All of the above?

Yes.

Are you born again? Only then can you deal with such a situation and remain in peace and love. That is not hippie crap that fades with the trip, that is real truth I know firsthand. Trust me, you won't regret it! Take the red pill...

url

All the best,
    Stephen

• aldi09
    aldi09

I am happy that I don't have to do it. It was always a drudgery for me. I was an auxilary pionieer and I remember this pressure with hours. It's good to be free from it.

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniaa siad: So if I get this correctly preaching door to door is fine but only if it is the right message?

Surely you're not suggesting that preaching door to door with a WRONG message is okay, are you Reniaa?

• ziddina
    ziddina

" I realize that ya can't underestimate the work ethic of a moron." LOLOL! GaryBuss, I LUV yer comments!! Glitter heart

All I remember about being "out in service" (besides the boredom) are the experiences when I ran into someone at the door who caused me to question the JW beliefs.... I especially remember one middle-aged fellow I met when I was 10-11, who said to me, "Those people are using you!" I didn't discount his words; I eagerly asked him to explain; what did he mean?? The JW adult I was with evidently gave him the 'evil eye'; as he simply repeated himself and shut the door, but I remembered his words thru the years and that incident was one which helped me exit the cult. Zid

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, preaching door to door is neither precluded nor precedented in the Bible. However prophecying falsely, or preaching another gospel- regardless of the 'how' it is done would be wrong. The Jehovah's Witnesses take the cake on this- they prophecy falsely and preach another gospel- chock full of worng teachings...and have a very organized way of doing it. LOL LOL

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>Chalam

I'm a born again Christian , as I understand you to be too....

I'm sure you are aware of our Lord's righteous anger when he overturned the money changer's tables at the temple and this was entirely proper.

He was rightly insensed at the situation.

I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but pointing out that there are times when Christ and his followers would be angry without it meaning their faith was in some way compromised.

I don't think I said anything offensive just strongly worded advice and opinion.

If you check back on my encounters with Reniaa you will notice I've spent many hours reasoning with the scriptures in much the same way as you have done.

Also worth your consideration is the feeling many people get on this forum that she could be a "troll" , not on here to help but to argue and disrupt.

There are many threads she has disrupted and even more questions she has left unanswered your own included.

Thanks for your kind advice Chalam. I enjoy reading your posts very much, keep it up.

Matt.

• donny
    donny

Like some have already said, I think "I am so glad that is not me!" I remember when I used to go door-to-door and I hated it. I often did the "light knocking" technique and was always relieved when no one answered the door.

Don

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit