How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Regret, anger, frustration? How about sadness, sorrow, sympathy, understanding, even compassion!

It can be quite confusing at times, especially if some of those witnesses were your friends. The compassionate feeling of pity I get if I see a pair of elderly sisters at midday is quite different from my reaction at seeing little kids in their suits and dresses being dragged from door to door on Saturday mornings when they should be watching cartoons or getting up to mischief.

After such a long time as a JW I recognise feelings of identification with them but these are immediately conflicted by a sense of rejection. I know that I personally am over it.

What about you?

• minimus
    minimus

I laugh to myself.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think initially i feel grateful
    to no longer be in that mindset...

and then, i dont think about it..
    if i am out and about, then i have
    some kind of objective to be fulfilled...

so i guess i am pretty much over it too

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Seriously? I really hate to admit this (I wish that I were further along) but I honestly have a tiny panic attack (fast heart rate, shallow breathing... sense of dread!) But yes... I feel unspeakably sorry for them. I have never, EVER been rude to them, even as I am turning them away. I pray they will awaken someday.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I just think how silly I must have looked doing the same thing...

• alanv
    alanv

My immediate feeling is I wish I could go over to them and show them how they are being misled. I can't do that though because I have faded for my son's sake who is still a witness and they would simply report me to the elders there would be a confrontation and I would be disfellowshipped.

Much as I would love to tell all at the kingdom hall why I am not with them anymore I can't. My hands are tied. This is one horrible religeon.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had an elderly woman offer me a tract on my way to work this morning. I felt sorry for her, and wondered how many years of her life were wasted in this cult. As for kids, I generally get a bit angry when I see them out in serviceā„¢ dressed up like mini elders. They'll be facing life's harsh realities soon enough, and they should be allowed to enjoy their childhoods while they can.

W

• littleC
    littleC

i left when i was 15 and im only 22 now so although i have managed to deal with alot of my issues i do still feel anger when i see a young brainwashed face bouncing along the street with a leaflet in the hand. i feel sadness that my lil bros and sister are still very young and are still having to do it, and most of all i am transported back to that 6,8,10,11,12,13 year old me walking along with my head hanging down absolutley petrified anyone i knew from school would see me and realise what an "unloveable ugly weirdo" i was-my thoughts as a child NOT now!so the emotions that situation stirs up for me are first sadness then anger, then i have to laugh to myself that i am soooo well rid of that life!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m happy it`s not me..I hated field service........................OUTLAW

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Very touching comments littleC, welcome to JWN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit