How do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses in the ministry?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

pity, sorrow to see these people deceived into thinking they are doing God's work.

• Colton
    Colton

Watching them go door to door in 102 degree weather in mid-summer with a suit on ... I'll offer them a cold drink and let them know that my love for Jesus Christ lead me out of the Watchtower. When I was a JW, I judged everyone ... now, I let my Savior and King do the judging.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I have to admit the first emotion is ANGER. They represent everything I hate in the world and which has destroyed my family. Its not "them"...I mean I know that but I kinda feel the same way when I see Swastikas or Confederate Flags. They represent HATE and self righteousness and evil. IMHO

And I usually have to resist the impulse to run them over.

• chicken little
    chicken little

The song ...those were the days my friend...come to mind. I want to wake them up but usually just smile and walk on by.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Disgust ! I see them almost on a daily basis dressed in their cardboard clothes ready to chap doors and speak to people about Jehovah,........but not before they've shunned me first..... made me feel like crap, made me feel that I am a child of the devil, not worthy of god's love. After making a fellow 'human being' feel like that , do they honestly think they've earned all their brownie points from God before they even chap a door? Well good on him if that's what he's doing, patting them on them back. He can pat them right on into the paradise and I still wouldn't give a shit. Do they tell the people whose doors they've knocked that half an hour ago they shunned someone they've known for 20+yrs purely because they dont come to the kingdom hall anymore. Do they explain "They're not one of us now, and they haven't done anything wrong, nor have they broken any of the commands in the Bible, but you know, they've left our organization and someone else has told us to treat them this way, so that's what we do." But anyway, would you like to take our magazines and join our religion"?

• sspo
    sspo

Sorry for them that they will spend decades proclaiming something that will never happen.

Waste of life

I cannot beleive it that i did it for over 30 years as it is so clear now that everything i preached it's just another

lie as all the other religions.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"There but by the grace of God, goes TotH...."

• steve2
    steve2

It could be a reflection of the country where I live - New Zealand - but I honestly don't see them out door-knocking anywhere near the frequency of, say, the 1970s and 1980s. Iwork from home on a fairly regular basis, and I never see them door-knocking. Time was when I'd see them so often but that was a good 15 to 20 years ago.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I feel sorry for them. Yet 15 years ago I was with them doing the same thing. I never liked it from my youth at 10 years old to the day I walked out. I remember a brother said "the more you go out in service the easier it gets". BS Now I see them in the streets and I look at them I don,t even recognize one of them and I'm I am a stranger to them that's the way I want it. I waited a log time for this to happen and it feels good. Now just a distant memory.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm just so glad it is not me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit