What Did You Do With All Your Watchtower Publications?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The rags saw the inside of my shredder, along with all my Kingdumb Miseries, calendars, and Daily Text booklets. All the hard stuff wound up in a garbage bag, and inside a dumpster on a nice rainy night.

• darthfader
    darthfader

When we began our fade - I took all the bound volumes, books and booklets and put them in a rented mini storage - we were planning on moving anyway. The mini storage somehow leaked and all our litrature was ruined. I took that as a sign to just toss it.. Only the top box was saved. Thankfully that was our sentimental set of books from our parents and grandparents.

Darth Fader

• minimus
    minimus

When my mom passes, I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to have anything she possesses. Maybe I'll keep a few books when that time happens. I used to love proving Watchtower nonsense by their own words.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I burned most of the mags, sent the rest to a poster that wanted them.

The books, I kept for awhile until I moved and sent them to the curb for the trash.

Two huge boxes, although now I wish I had kept some of them for reference.

purps

• willyloman
    willyloman

I treated them as what they truly are: so much refuse, to paraphrase the Apostle Paul.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I couldn't stand the sight of anything JW so just about everything went to the dumpster. The videos and large hardbound books were dropped off at the SA. I kept a bible, songbook, pioneer school book. The photos from all of my JW travels have been packed away in a box.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We had a big 'ol bonfire. Stuff dating way back to the 40's. My poor husband got quilted into going to the memorial this year and could not find a bible and song book to take.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I am looking at my books now one by one, scanning them to see if I have some important notes (and/or money) slipped in the pages.

Seeing my name and congregation lovingly written when I got each book evokes a mixture of amusement and sadness at the same time..

I'm thinking of keeping a few small books as "remembrance"--the rest I plan to hide in a box somewhere before completely throwing them away.

That would be during the day I truly stop going to the meetings and have clearly severed my ties with the organization.

:(

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

They are collectors item. Sell them on ebay or Craigslist!

• minimus
    minimus

They want you to get rid of them...I say make some money at least, if you can't give them to someone who can use them effectively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit