What Did You Do With All Your Watchtower Publications?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hey all... for anyone that wants to have the entire JW collection (it is available online), you can go to the archive.org website.

Would anyone be interested in knowing the link?

You can get everything (just about), and I mean, everything, in there... from 1879 and even earlier... all the WT's, almost all the Awakes, the Photodrama of Creation, recorded talks, etc...

I use this for my webpage, which posts old light and then translates it to Spanish.

Anyone interested in the Archive.org link?

ILTTATT

• losingit
    losingit

I'd like it ILTTATT! I want to see what i can use to reason with my daughter

• nugget
    nugget

When I no longer needed bound volumes to prop up the bed they were all skipped. They had no value as reference works and I didn't want my children coming across them It was like keeping rat poison on the shelf they had to go.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

Sold a lot on Ebay and trashed the rest.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Took them to the dump on a early beautiful Saturday morning!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

http://archive.org/details/WatchtowerLibrary

Since there are possibly thousands of links there, and you cannot download everything all at once like in a zip file or a torrent, I would recommend that if you want to download this, you do the following:

If you are using Chrome, download an app extension called "Download Master"...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/download-master/mcceagdollnkjlogmdckgjakjapmkdjf

You can then click on the app extension and it will list all the download links. You can search for just specific links...

For example, if you want to download all WT's from the 1880's, you search with the custom filter "w188" and it will search for all links with the phrase starting with "w188"... w1880, w1881, w1882, etc...

If you want all the books, then the search string in the custom filter is "WatchtowerLibrary/books/"

Please PM me if you have any questions.

The total WT library is around 16GB... it took me days to make sure I had downloaded ALL of it...

The archive.org website also has recorded talks, and many many many things...

For example, to hear the talk, "Times in Which We are Now Interested" by Fred Franz, you can search on their website for:

"which we are now interested AND mediatype:audio"

and it will show up...

The archive.org website has helped me much in many things, you can find just about anything you need to disprove the WT...

Happy searching!!

ILTTATT

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I kept a few bits, a Concordance, my set of Studies in the Scriptures by CTR, and a few Rutherford books, a couple of hard copies of damning WT's etc.

The B.Vols I burned, with great difficulty, the buggers didn't want to burn, (deemunz in dem books), but I had great pleasure when they finally did. I have a CD somwhere with most of the crap on it, 2007 I think, but I never refer to it nowadays. My computer might vomit if I put it in.

It was cathartic to get rid of it all, and now when I see any WT literature anywhere, it seems so CREEPY !!!

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

I have all of them . 6 generations believe it or not??? Mostly all mint condition. I value them at 50K All WTs, Golden Ages, Booklets, Convention reports etc... pics, Prospectus's, S.I.S.s, I keep them because of their monetary value as well as a reminder to never trust men and their reasoning's etc...

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

thomasaquinas, could you go to archive.org and maybe think about having them scan some of the material? You might have some material that no one else has...

Golden Ages, for example, are notoriously hard to find anywhere.

They scan your items, and then return them to you of course.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

For the first time last night, I was able to dump a few magazines without feeling guilty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit