What Did You Do With All Your Watchtower Publications?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I needed room when I moved so I sadly threw my entire library away. I mentioned this to an exjw. He and his wife took all the hundreds of books, including bound volumes from the 1800s and are now using them for research and proof of Watchtower lies.

What did you do with your books?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Unfortunatley....I was SO disgusted and SO disappointed when I discovered what a fraud the WTS was....that I packed up all but a very few things (like the Songbook and the Reasoning book) and sent them all off to the town dump.

I had 30 years of accumulated books, magazines, yearbooks, etc....including the "Insight" books the Concordance and a few other gems I could have referred to in proving what liars the WTS is (and was). I honestly figured I had zero use for this garbage and did not even want it taking up room in my house for another moment....which I now see was a bit hasty. I now have to do online research for the very same books that I tossed out....to be used to show their ludicrous teachings over the years.

hugs,

Annie

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

While the JW wifey was at a meeting I burned them all.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Recycled. I didn't know if hard covers were recyclable, so at least I got the joy of tearing those off.

Got rid of all but a few which have things I want to show dub parents if they ever give me a hard time.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Threw them in the dump.I could care less about doing research to prove the WTS are liars. I have given up too many years of my life. It is time for me

and the last thing I want to do is bury my head in WT books, journals. I need to move on.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I left everything behind when I left for Texas... everything else that has come in the mail, from my mother, has been burnt so it doesn't fall on the hands of unsuspecting people.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I keep putting the litteratrash out with the garbage but the smurf dolls keep putting them back on my shelves.

I'm surrounded by evil.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tossed them all in the garbage.................OUTLAW

• garybuss
    garybuss

I unpacked our family collection of Watch Tower Publishing Corporation books and put them on the shelf, then I bought missing items like Yearbooks and old Watchtower magazines. I read most of Russell's work and much of Rutherford's before I made a word by word study of the books used to indoctrinate me when I was a kid like the Let God Be True books.

I read the Reasoning book cover to cover. Then I read it's two predecessors. That was all before modern computers and before the Internet. Now, it's much easier and more fun too.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

It wasnt until my very holy husband JW husband beat me in Jan 06, that I gathered all of the books I could find that were mine or that he had tried to give to the children...and any magazines....and my leather bound bible with my name on it that I got for our wedding day....and stood over the garbage can ripping them to shreds. Page by page...filling the garbage can and leaving them unusable by anybody else. What possible good is a religion that produces and supports a wife beating, verbally and emotionally and spiritually abusive alcoholic, convincing him HE is doing Gods Will and YOU are going to be destroyed at Armageddon??? Eventually he himself threw away all his hard bound volumes because his JW elder step father had done so saying he only needed the CD now and it was dangerous to leave Jehovahs books laying around where they could get into apostate hands. geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

It was catharctic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit