What Did You Do With All Your Watchtower Publications?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

we disseminated many items
    amongst the dr0nes in the congro
    we had attended.... then pitched
    the rest....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I threw all that crap out. Real estate is too expensive to waste it storing watchtower propaganda. I didn't want to give it away either, and perhaps "stumble" someone into the cult.

W

• ataloa
    ataloa

I left them for my ex to read . As long as I was on the road to hell , I wanted to travel light.

• suchafool
    suchafool

I wanted to burn everything, but my husband wouldn't let me. Dumped it all. My daughter and I took the vhs tapes and unscrewed them and let the tape unravel. Very fun. The cd's we kept and plan on making my daughter a cool room decor. out of them. Spray painting them different colors. I kept the cd-rom and the really big bible. Have to say it felt great to get rid of so much crap.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Suchafool,

Welcome to the board! But please stop insulting "crap" by equating it with Botchtower Corporation Litteratrash. At least crap is good fertilizer that makes things grow.

B the X

• boyzone
    boyzone

Didn't want to keep any of the paper crap except the "Organized" book. My youngest was disturbed by some of the pictures and I didn't want those books around anymore to influence him. Still got the WTCD though.

But the rest I took to the tip and had great fun lobbing the whole lot into the recycle bin.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

To start I threw out the revelation book. Then all the stored magazines. Later I took all the books off the shelves and put single copies into my son's room, as he is still going. (He keeps them in a black sack under his bed) I then took down my pioneer picture and threw out my pioneer book. Next went the tapes and videos and Dvds. Lastly I threw out the New Word Translation. Then I stopped calling God Jehovah. This week after being shunned by the last ones to completely shun me, I deleted all JW phone numbers. So now, I'm all clear.

• minimus
    minimus

Nuthin' like getting rid of every vestige of JWism!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

When I left the JWs in 1984 I had the Watchtower bound volumes going back to 1962. Since the Watchtower had ripped me off, I felt that I should get some money back at least. So I sold the collection to a JW Ministerial Servant for $120. I had some reprints of Russell's books which he also bought. I didn't tell him that the Russell reprints were published by the "Evil Slave." Why throw away trash that somebody will pay good money for.

• RR
    RR

I kept them ALL, I have alarge room in the basement, which is wall to wall bookcases. I have been scanning the books and saving them as pdf, once I do that I ebay the originals.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit