Have You Ever Walked Out Of a KH "Meeting"?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There were a few years when I went along for the family, but could not bear the ignorant, bigotted information. I started arriving later and later, until I would miss the entire public talk and just get there in time for the watchtower study. If I got there in time for the public talk I would go out half way through to a cafe up the road and have a coffee. Yet it took years before the elders ever asked me how I was going spiritually - which inevitably got me disfellowshipped as I let them know.

One of my now apostate friends used to say he used to look down on me for my lack of enthusiasm in the meetings and could not understand how I could behave in such a manner when I knew Armageddon is coming.

I don't think you will get in trouble, but you will get a bad reputation if you do it regularly.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Yes, my husband had left us in 1985 and I took my son to the book study. I believe we were studying the Family book. The brother asked a question and my husband answered "If your wife has wants she better want less" I wanted to die. Mind you he was not supporting the family, we were on state welfare. At the end of the meeting the brother asked him to close with prayer. I grabbed my son by the arm and walked out and never went back.

• moshe
    moshe

I was railroaded out of the KH by a bunch of brothers during a WT study. I walked out ahead of what would have been a lynch mob 350 years ago. They don't cotton to a man speaking his mind at the KH. I can still see the look of shock on their faces- it was probably the first and last time they saw someone stand up to the WT tranny. The last meeting I went to with the family was a distict convention- I had been out about year. We walked into the arena and a sister said Hi to my wife- I said , "Hi" back to her. It embarrassed my JW wife that I wouldn't play the shunning game and she got mad at me and left the assembly and me , too. I had to get a ride home. I beat her home as she stopped at a lawyer to try and get a restraining order against me- I think he though she was koo-koo. JW explantions of abuse from nonbelieving spouses don't hold up in court very well, I would imagine. That happened 20 years ago this year.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have never physically walked out, but I have skipped the remaining sessions of a$$emblies. Once, I decided that, instead of going for the second day as I originally planned to, I sat down and ordered as many rap and dirty R&B songs from the early 1990s as I could find within my BMG catalog that month. I found something like 9 CDs of them in that catalog.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Yes a few times,

One time I had put my hand up in the watchtower session, sitting right in front of the elder taking it ( this elder I disliked, a really bigoted judgmental person BD )

The subject was about lying, the elder thought he knew what I was going to say (slap the elders down ) so he ignored my hand.

I felt there was a stand off here,

, so what I did was to keep my hand up all through this question even when he was looking around for hands AND whilst questions and answers were being given.

He refused to take my answer, at the end of that question I walked out.

At the end of the meeting my wife ripped into him, BIG TIME

KT

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Once when a public marking talk got personal and vindictive (lucky we were taping it at the sound booth) a few of walked out, caused a bit of a scene.

Another time when we heard a sister screaming out the front car park, us attendants ran out to find her husband dead of a heart attack.

On many many a time….. To check the football scores!

At many a district convention to go for walk and get a decent coffee….. Mattieu

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

towards the end a few times, usually for a loo break then not to return

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

"BTW, you don't know much about private reproof. Only df'ing offenses come under reproof, private or public."

Blondie seems to know a lot. I like that. I've always liked sisters that know as much or more than elders. To me it shows how hollow and superficial qualifications for elders can be. And how unfair the treatment to women is within JW's.They do all the work, and get treated as third class people.

I'm an elder (ex-CO, BTW) and I walk off meetings all the time. Just like last night with 'how to treat df'd".Same for SM, i Just go to restroom, walk the parking lot with my 3 years old, etc. I always find a reason and a way of skipping the torture of Book Study and SM. For The Watchtower I stay mainly because i enjoy some of the stupid comments made by stupid people so full of themselves.

And wait for next 'Appendix' Book study about women having to cover their heads... That is SO DEMEANING, that I can't believe it's taken seriously!

Newbie here (long time lurker)

WC

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Welcome WC - Look forward to hearing your story and your comments.

Ex-CO? What do you think about the rumors that the CO arrangement is going to change drastically?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Did anyone feel "guilty" and "un-worthy" of the NEW SYSTEM after they've walked out?

african GB member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit