Have You Ever Walked Out Of a KH "Meeting"?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes, toward the end.

One of my most fond memories was when a "Brother" was giving a TMS talk and said, something to the effect: "If you don't really believe the teachings of the WTS, you should just leave."

I pondered his statement for a few minutes, put all of my books in my brief case, got up and walked out. I never went to a meeting again after that.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Once when a

School Overseer was more than unkind to a teenager when giving counsel after a talk. It was not the first time we sat there as a united congregation and listened to him

batter, bash and abuse someone in front of us all, but this time I decided I was not going to give my support. I made no scene, I just gathered myself and daughter up and quietly left.

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, but not as emphatically as Elsewhere.

The last couple of years that I attended sporatically, I usually couldn't take anymore after the first meeting and would leave at the break while everyone was singing. Since I sat in the back, or as far back as I could, ony a few people would actually notice my leaving.

Anyone who had a habit of leaving at the break, did you notice the sense of relief as you walked to your car? But yet, you felt like you should feel guilty, but the burden lifted was so great, it was like a new lease on life for the rest of day.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

did you get "punished" by jehovah for this???

• oompa
    oompa

I walked out a lot....could always go for a ten or 15 minute break in the car....liked to read the paper or hear click and clak the tappet brothers on npr.....or go for a walk.......oompa

• garybuss
    garybuss

I walked out of a circuit assembly once. There's a slight chance that I might have kicked the door on my way out.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Yes, I walk out the first time I went to a meeting.

I think it was June or July, 2008. I believe that they were talking about a married woman who acceptance a promotion at work felt bad because she didn’t have time to go door to door. I believe that the husband have by the same situation. To make the story short, they both resigned (a believed that they where professionals) and accepted a part time job to be able to go door to door.

Then walk away in a hurry, I thought that he was extremely stupid that two professionals, not only rejected promotions in their work place, but decided to quit in order to have more time to go door by door.

Take care,

Ismael

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, over three years ago. In the middle of the public talk. I never went back.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, I've never had the pleasure. But when I was able I would leave immediately after the closing prayer.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

I walked out before. My bookstory overseer asked if I was okay. I just played along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit