Have You Ever Walked Out Of a KH "Meeting"?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

WC, what about this "appendix" book and headcoverings?

StAnn

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Thanks, Doubting Bro. I've heard those rumors, but know nothing beyond that. I do think changes are on their way; CO's arrangement has become highly unproductive, it's not cost-effective, and causes more problems that it's worth to WTS. I see a tendency to get rid of paperwork and administrative decisions. A BIG one to me is the recent change by which Reg Pionners are to be named by local elders.

That being said, WTS is famous for being extremely slow for changes (i.e. elimination of Book study, two magazines per month, elimination of Bible study reporting were Henschel-era ideas that we debated some 15 years ago, and they were iplemented just recently).

StAnn: You may (or may not) know that the book currently being studied has an "appendix" covering such 'important' topics as "How to treat a DF'd", "When is it ok to get a divorce", "Masturbation" (How would they let that go?), and the very VITAL and IMPORTANT TOPIC of "When should a sister cover her head". So in a few weeks there will be a book study devoted to that theme.

After some steps on the right direction I see WTS going back to stupid issues like those and imposing rules on things that are none of their business. Apparently Jaracz&Losche are on a rampage!

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I asked my son about the book study and mentioned African GB's comment. My son said he felt like walking out..(but he didn't)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I did at a circuit assembly. The co brother Mega had just taken the dais and was going into his intro when a young child got up and walked to the bathroom.

Mega stopped talking and followed the boy with his glaring eyes so everyone would see he was distracted. Then he said, MO-DA-LES in deliberately broken Spanish for emphasis. He was complaining that someone was using bad manners by going to the bathroom during his talk. The boy's parents were not even jw's. they had been pressured into going by the person who was studying them. How much love was at the assemblies and blah blah blah. Then this pin-headed nimrod embarrasses the boy and the parents with one look and one word. They left in shame. I left in anger.

• redking
    redking

No one walked out at my meeting during the last bookstudy. All the DFed people simply didn't come that night because they didn't want to be uncomfortable during the whole thing, but I'm sure they'll be back next week. I would let them know I missed them last meeting but you know how that goes...

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes I had a hard time when the speaker harped on higher education. I was going back to school but was trying to juggle everything and did a pretty good job, like went out in service, got to meetings on time so it didn't give anyone a reason to say anything. When it started to spill over into audience comments that were not even on topic being discussed, I just left a few times. Then I learned to avoid meetings that I knew were going to be all about education. I left a few assemblies because they would use one particular speaker every time that is a despicable human being, I didn't feel that I needed anything that came out of his vile mouth. The family loved it because they knew the day was over, goin out to lunch!

• still_in74
    still_in74

good for you GB! I was disgusted by that study.

the week before i read ahead while i was on microphones. I wanted to scream into the microphones that this is a sick twisted cult of closet masterbators!

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I wish I had the courage so many of you have shown. Just recently I almost walked out when our visiting CO told all the parents in the hall that to encourage or allow thier children to attend college was a waste because soon all the institutions of higher learning were going to be distroyed by God.

My blood boiled.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Many times toward the end. Not for any one thing, I just couldn't stand being there any longer.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Why would Jehovah destroy institutions of higher learning? did they also sin? why can't he just DF them and maybe reinstate them in the in the new system?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit