Have You Ever Walked Out Of a KH "Meeting"?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I HATED that study. They teach their followers to treat an animal better than their loved ones. Despite suicide attempts by the df'ed, the family still is taught that they are being "faithful" by still shunning their son, daughter, mother father. Disgusting sick and twisted anyway you look at it. Basic humanity tells everyone that, including all jw's.
    A classic example that they are brainwashed.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Never walked out but followed a cussin' blue Smurf out of one, once. We went for drinks afterwards and played Foosball - nice fellow. Zid

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes. I once had a bad case of the squidgees after drinking a Bloody Mary the night before, so after spending 15 mins on the toilet I decided to just go home.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm with Daniel-p. I too walked out during the 2005 higher education WT. I wasn't in higher ed at the time but the whole tone of the WT was just so patronizing and sick I couldn't stand it any longer.

I just knew this WT would cause thousands of families to have furious rows with their kids up and down the country and I was sick of the switching back and forth the Society kept doing.

I went home and shredded that Watchtower.

• viva
    viva

I have walked out of a field service meeting, said I wasn't feeling well, it was the truth, I was terribly hung over. Another time I had to wait until after the field service meeting to leave for the same reason, I was conducting.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I walked out of a meeting about 20 years ago when the CO started carriying on about baptized JWs marrying unbaptized publishers... I mean this guy kept it going for a good 5 minutes at least and he was obviously referring to me at the time (as no one else in the congo was in the same situation)... it was completely disrespectful and unecessary since I had already been privately "counselled". (I was the baptized JW and my wife got baptized many years later)...

But after 22 years of marriage, my wife and I are both out of the borg and still happily married (which is more than I can say of some JWs I know)...

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

The hall I attend at times has a brother that, after song and prayer are done, switches habitually both of his hearing aids off and enjoys the meeting.

• Alfred
    Alfred

His deafness is actually a blessing!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Not unless there was an actual emergency, like the time the baby barfed down my dress during book study. But I did refuse to attend some of the circuit assembly sessions - 3 solid days in a boring meeting with little kids to try to keep quiet - no thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit